2 weeks ago
Friday, December 10, 2010
Let Him In...
"Each of us is an innkeeper who decides if there is room for Jesus!"
-Elder Neal A. Maxwell
I received the above quote, as part of a neighbor gift the 1st year we moved to South Weber. Each year we find a special spot to display it in our home. I love it! It's the perfect reminder to keep CHRIST in Christmas. Last night was our Relief Society Christmas Dinner, Wendy our Relief Society President referenced a similar saying. I think it is powerful- we can get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of planning and attending parties or looking for that perfect gift that we leave no room in our busy schedules to reflect on Christ and truly let him into our celebration. Last night was wonderful. I am grateful I got to enjoy a lovely evening, surrounded with ladies I love, sharing a 'beautifully simple' focus on Christ. We watched this video and my heart was full. Kent, as the Bishop was asked to share a few closing remarks. As always he amazes me. His testimony is solid and he radiates Christ's love for each of the sisters. All on his own (without any prompting from me) he bought our remarkable Relief Society Presidency each a beautiful Poinsettia and expressed his gratitude for all they do for our ward. I sarcastically turned to my neighbor sitting next to me and whispered, "I hope he remembered his wife." I was shocked and had to embarrassingly eat my words when he graciously presented one to me. I truly am a lucky lady and enjoy being the Bishop's wife. During this time of year, especially with tithing settlement there are many long days- yet there is no denying the blessings that come to our family as he is out Serving the Lord and being His Hands. I love and find comfort in Sister Hinckley's words in regards to President Hinckley: "I had always known he was remarkable. I knew tha he loved me, and that he would always be good to me. But I also knew that I would never come first with him and that was okay. I knew Gordon was going to devote his life to the Lord. And I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather have him devoted to." I am thankful for the many examples of those around me who truly love and serve the Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Diana, you are one lucky lady. What a great guy you got! And thanks for the gentle reminder of Who comes first in this wonderful season, and always.
Post a Comment