(Disclaimer...music cordinated with previous post-our slide show to Bear Lake -not McKay's B-day post...for now just invision the soundtrack to Star Wars or better yet hit mute Little Surfer girl just is not my McKay...)

Dreams do come true... an all
nighter with Dad playing
Star Wars Lego on the Game Cube. A month and a half ago McKay schemed up this 'great plan' for the eve of his 6th birthday...his goal ...play X-box until midnight than officially wish
him Happy Birthday. Mission accomplish -the celebration lasted until 1:30am. But even better than he imagined. McKay planned the event to take place at Grandma's house since we didn't own any video games...well not until last night when Kent (
despite my wishes) surprised McKay with a Game Cube. McKay was in complete shock and to my happiness full of gratitude and
excitement. McKay has been in hog heaven all day. Since today was his Big Day I let him play until his heart content. However, tomorrow I will be the dreaded enforcer of all the restrictions and time limitations. Truth be known, it was good to actually see him excited about

something. My little guy just has not been himself for almost three weeks. He has zero energy, constantly falling asleep, upset stomach, throwing up and a major bad case of the Hershey squirts. Well yesterday we had had enough and took him back into the Doctor. After enduring the horrible process of gathering a stool sample we were one step closer to finding out what was sucking the life out of my spunky McKay. We jokingly told a few people he had a tapeworm or some parasite since no one else in the family was showing any similar symptoms. Well today the test came back positive ... it was confirmed that my poor little guy has Giardia. Sad but true it was the best news he could of
received on his birthday. He has been miserable, at least we now know what is wrong and thank goodness it is treatable with a very nasty
tasting prescription. I miss my little fireball, the sparkle in his eye, his zest for life, all the cartwheels and round offs, his laugh and hugs. Poor thing has not had a very good summer. I am so thankful for the blessing of modern medicine and
priesthood blessings. Here's to my more jovial
McKay -I'm excited for your return to good health and lots of laughter... Happy Birthday! I love you.
(April 08 - McKay is a mad man on the monkey bars)
9 comments:
Glad to know that Mckay will feel better soon. Ryan wants to know when he can come over for an all nighter with Mckay and the cube.
Happy Birthday Mckay!!! My boys will be excited to play your game cube and not have to play Mema's ancient one. Hopefully you feel better soon. TP
Poor little McKay!! I am glad he was able to have a great birthday though!
Happy birthday, McKay! what a fun celebration...sorry he has been so sick, I'm glad you got to the bottom of it finally. just in time for school to start, huh? bummer!
Happy Birthday McKay! Love the picture of Kent he looks like he is concentrating so hard! LOL
I can't believe he lasted until 1:30 with a bug like that in his system
This is McKay... thanks for the birthday and get well wishes. Ryan, come on over and peterson cousins No knocking meme's nintendo - I LOVE PLAYING IT.
Poor McKay!! Holy smokes. Poor kid. So glad it is easily treated. Next year's birthday is pretty much garanteed to be better :)
Happy Birthday McKay! I feel bad I didn't know he was sick. I haven't talked to you for too long. Kent stops by, but of course only to give T a boost and doesn't complain about anything. I am wondering, how do you figure McKay contracted Giardia???
Post a Comment