Monday, August 25, 2008

Back To School...


Hooray, the 1st day of school was a Success! When asked about their day, both kids rated it a "two thumbs up" and went to bed eager to return tomorrow. For me the 1st day of school always comes with mixed emotions:) :( :} The anticipation and preparation of the big day is always fun... especially the night before - setting out the backpacks, gathering their school supplies, laying out their clothes and the best part... Father's Blessings! I am so thankful for the power, strength and confidence we each receive from those cherished blessings. My favorite is hearing Kent ask each child individually if there is anything they are concerned about or want special help with. I love the spirit and peace it brings into our home. Last night I really enjoyed taking a Family Walk over to the school to see which portables the kids would be in. This will be a first for both, Kenna and McKay think it is way cool, especially since they get to have air conditioning. As for mom, I am a little sad. I will miss not being able to peek in on my kiddo's whenever I am at the school. I told the kids if they hear any knocking on their classroom window, it's just me with a ladder seeing how they were doing. Kent, getting in on the fun started jumping ..."if you see my head bobbing up and down don't worry it's just Dad jumping on a trampoline trying to sneak a peek". The kids just laughed- but in all seriousness, I will miss those sneak peeks as I walk down the school halls. The reduced level of noise and chaos today was nice but I am already missing my big helpers, entertainers and playmates to Mags and Monson. Last night you would of thought it was Christmas. We tucked them all in bed at 8:30pm, slowly they came out saying they couldn't sleep. Then this morning they were up bright and early even before I returned from swimming. Kent arranged to go into work late and made them a yummy pancake, bacon and eggs back to school breakfast. I was on lunch duty... I felt a pit in my stomach when I realized I was packing for two and that they would be gone all day. I can't believe Kenna is in 3rd and McKay in 1st. The best part of my entire day was when McKay flashed me the I love you sign as I was leaving his classroom. It sure does make it easier leaving them when I know they are happy and excited. So here's hoping the enthusiasm last.

12 comments:

Sarah B said...

Hunter starts preschool next week and I'm starting to feel anxiety! Glad to see that your kids had a great start.

Becky A said...

so fun, such cute kids! I have mixed emotions, too, and am definitely missing the help and entertainment with my babies...yikes!

Kathy said...

That is so sweet! I was wondering how they did. I'll have to send Lizzy over to Entertain you! :) Send Mags over whenever. When does she start preschool, and what days? Lizzy starts on the 2nd and is very excited! I'm excited for her, but sad that she is growing so fast.

Jenny Kapp said...

So cute! I am glad they had a great first day. That is so important. I can just see Kent jumping to check in on them! Funny!

GINGER said...

The first day of school is a love hate thing. It is happy and sad. I love to see the kids grow and progress, but I hate to think they are getting older. I can't believe how big your kids are. Glad they had a good first day.

Susan said...

Cute Kids!

I wrote you an email last week, you must not have gotten it. I would love to get together with you and the girls, let me know when a good time for you is!

Haley said...

The first day of school is always a little bittersweet. I'm glad your kids had a good first day-mine did too except Livi got on the wrong bus to come home :0 She made it here though. I'd love to have Monson in preschool in 2012!

laceemo3 said...

When I clicked on your blog the cheering for the Beach Boys came on and i totlay thought it was something for your Back to School thing! Made me laugh and then i realized I was wrong but still it made me laugh.

laceemo3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hello Anna Banana,
Loved your blog. I always hated to send you kids back to school. Guess I am just a control freak and always wanted you around and I still do. I guess I am getting my just rewards know with so many of my children far away.
love you tons!

Erin said...

Glad they had a great first day and a great start to the school year. Maggs is in pre-school to right so that gives you serious one on one time with Monson. How nice!

The Ray Reader said...

I am off on Fridays now, we will have to plan a play date with Tanner and Maggie then, they would love it!!! :)