The original game plan was for the fam to go out to dinner, but when Kent offered to take the kids to Fazoli's Tuesday kid's $1 menu and let me stay home and enjoy a little down time before his evening meetings, I was all over it! I'm feeling a little giddy, in this quiet house:) Now if the phone would stop ringing (nothing personal Bets, Amy and Erin) maybe I'll get a quick post in before they return. Life has been CRAZY! I'm sure hoping this past week is not an indication of what 2009 has in store... I was at the Doctors office three different times with three different kids. Sunday even included a visit to the ER after McKay split open his chin at church. End result he is doing fine and so relieved that he only had to do the super glue route and not stitches. Sad to say, it took a trip to the ER to have some good quality time. Kent, McKay and I loved just being the three of us. Don't get me wrong, I love my four, but nothing beats just having that one on one time. The best was walking out of the hospital with McKay holding both our hands and jumping over all the cracks. I know pretty simple, but he was just beaming. He loved all the attention. The nurses kept teasing McKay, asking if this was his attempt to get out of church early? Now back tracking a little... I do not handle blood very well, so when Kent brings McKay to me holding a bloody tissue, seconds before Sacrament meeting starts, whispers "I think he needs stitches" then proceeds to go sit up on the stand, my stomach turned inside out. I took him out, assessed the situation(actually freaked out, looked the other way while changing out wash clothes and told him to not move while I went and found our friend and Doctor whom we're lucky to have in the ward -he confirmed that stitches were needed] when I went back into the chapel to get my keys Kent mouthed "wait one minute". I was relieved. In my heart of hearts I was hoping he would come with me, but I wasn't going to give him that ultimatum. Kent didn't even know that he was being tested, but he passed the test! I was so happy we were his top priority!
What I really wanted to post and share was this VIDEO(click to watch) my sister, with perfect timing sent to me last week. As each new year brings a little self reflection of setting goals, I enjoyed listening to present and past LDS church leaders warning us to prepare for the Second Coming. This was an excellent reminder of what I really need and want to focus on in 09. The quotes by President Erying and Benson basically laid out my areas of improvement, focus and goals for 2009:
As the challenges around us increase, we must commit to do more to qualify for the companionship of the Holy Ghost… casual prayer won’t be enough. Reading a few versus of the scriptures… won’t be enough. Doing the minimum of what the
Lord asks of us won’t be enough.
This preparation must consist of more than just casual membership in the church. You must learn to be guided by personal revelation… and the counsel of the living prophet. So you will not be deceived.
You live in the midst of economic, political and spiritual instability. When you see these
signs, unmistakable evidences that His coming is nigh. Be not troubled, but stand in holy places and be not moved until the day of the Lord comes.
2 weeks ago




8 comments:
the only one you would know on my sidebar is erika-it's a shabby thing. other than that i think that is all. my brother's wife does one for them...hutchison chronicles. i have kept a picture out of me on purpose. i am always the one holding the camera. you look so good though. does your sis tammy have a blog? my email...kjluck00@yahoo.com
During church? That would be awful. Hudson split his forehead on our fireplace and our ER visits are usually at night which isn't much better. He only got the super glue too. whew! I too feel the need to do more than just the obvious, prayer, read scriptures go to church each week. We have started our family scripture study EVERY night. I found a promise by Ezra Taft Benson that if you will do that your children will NOT go astray. How can we deny ourselves that privelege? More than anything in this world I want my kids to stay on the right track.
I haven't watched the video yet, but McKay's split chin story was crazy! I am like you, I don't handle blood well, so I'm glad Kent was able to go with you!
And isn't one on one time with your kids the best? I can just imagine McKay's lit up face.
Di, Thanks for reminding me about that video. I sent it to you and thought you could use it for Girls camp but now I will use it for my talk in church. Unless I have the baby first!!!!! I didn't know about McKay, mom told me about Monson and McKenna. Hope Maggie stays healthy. Love ya
Tam
Diana! YEAH! I'm so glad to have run into you at the temple the other night. Poor McKay! Ouch- glad he didn't have to do stitches- during church of all places- lol. What a great video- thanks for sharing!-
- yah- I just use the boy's nicknames on my blog- never know what sort of people are out there, and I get visitors from India and all sorts of places for some reason.
$1 kids menu at Fazoli on Tuesdays? How did I not know about this? I'm there!
Loved the nice reminders in this post.
Wow, Diana. Sounds like a wile ride to start of '09. I'm sure with your excellent goals and positive attitude that it will work out wonderfully! :) You're such a good example. Good luck babe.
Oh girl....I don't do blood! I will pass out if I see it which makes it hard for me to be a nurse Mom in those situations. Luckily Jake has been here during those times.
You guys are awesome Diana. Glad to see you the other night..good times girl :)
Post a Comment