2 weeks ago
Thursday, April 22, 2010
"The Count"Down
After
waking up this morning to snow and a nasty head cold, The official Count down as began...Mexico here I come. We've had the trip planned for a few months, yet I've intentionally not been counting down, not wanting to wish away Maggie's last few weeks of Kindergarten. She has loved every single day. I love picking her up and hearing all about her adventures. She has the cutest little class, excellent teacher and wonderful circle of friends. I love spending the afternoons with her. I will miss my little lunch buddy, although she is super excited to eat lunch at school as a big 1st grader. She is getting so big. This picture was taken last year at Sea World, she no longer has those cute little baby cheeks, she's growing up. No training wheels, she has become my favorite work out partner. She rides her bike as I run behind. On Tuesdays we go to the gym and she cheers me on. I'm truly going to miss her when she's in school all day. We still have over a month of kindergarten adventures to create. However, today as I look outside the window watching the snow fall, popping cold pills with a tissue box in hand I am longing for the days to pass and just be sitting on the hot beach. Kent and I have never stayed at an all inclusive resort. Looking forward to being pampered. This morning McKenna told Monson I was sick, he insisted "Mama Not Sick" in his little eyes mom's are never allowed to be sick the idea is preposterous. Kent always spoils me on vacation. Honest to goodness, he does all the shopping and cooks every single meal when we are at our Condos, he will not know what to do with himself in Mexico. So looking forward to it just being the two of us. Kent hasn't been feeling well either so the Rest and Relaxation will be just what the Doctor ordered. Just anticipating Mexico and thinking about sunshine makes me happy and feel better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Some couple R&R should just be required every year! You guys deserve it! I am so excited for you! Hope you feel better soon!!!
You aren't supposed to do posts that remind me about children, and that they go to school all day when they reach a certain age. Didn't you hear? I can't even think about it! Good thing I still have two more years! When you are in Mexico think of me slaving away at my new job. Haha!
Post a Comment