Sunday, April 25, 2010

Swim Bike Run

Kent is always McKay's hero but today it was priceless... after returning home from Kent's 1st Triathlon he changed into his work clothes- khahi cargo shorts and a black shirt. McKay took note and quickly changed to match his Daddy and asked if I would write "173" on his calf and arm so he would look just like his dad. He was his little shadow the rest of the day proudly sporting his body markings. I hope McKay always wants to be like his Dad and that he inherits his natural atheletic ability. I tell ya, Kent is AMAZING! Like I mentioned today he competed in his 1st Tri and totally ROCKED It!!! It was held down at the U Of U, a Charity race for the 4th St Medical Clinic. The perfect race for getting his feet wet: 300 meter swim, 5 mile mountain bike and 5k run. Click here for his times. His happiest moment of the whole race was climbing out of the pool, relieved to have that behind him. (He's only been swimming since Feb). The mountain bike course was pretty intense, very thankful to have borrowed a friends bike, thanks Jake. The run was his strongest leg he took 12th overall out of 252 on the 5k and 11th on the total tri in his age group. Way to go Kent!!!! I think he's been biten by the Tri Bug and will definately be back for more. It's been fun training together and encouraging each other. We joke that I am the swimmer, he's the runner and we meet in the middle for the bike. Biking and running still really scare me, my 1st race in on June 12th at Cache Valley. I will just be happy to finish the race without stopping. I loved cheering Kent on... he is incredible.

SWIM

BIKE

RUN

HALLELUIAH, IT'S DONE:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kent, you looked to good at the end of your race. I am afraid at age 30 something you would have found me dead half way thru the run. I maybe could have floated the swim and pushed my bike up the hill but never the run. Love you and we are proud of you. Mom

Susan said...

Wow Kent, That's great, what an inspiration and example to your kids and friends!

Tammy said...

Way to go Kent!!!

Ben & Mona said...

Congrats Kent! How do you do it all! You're amazing!

The Steffensen's said...

Awesome! (although I know he's not going to hold a candle to his wife when she takes first place, right? Ha!)

Carrie said...

Kent, that is great!!! I had no idea you were into that. I'll have to let Tye know.... give him some motivation to do some kind of exercise.