2 weeks ago
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Cabin Fun...
The last week of summer vacation was spent up at my parent's cabin. It's always one of our favorite HOT SPOTS!! This summer has been busy, I didn't make it up nearly as much as I would of liked, but luckily my kids did - thank you Mom. I know I have mentioned it before, but if I had to pick a "happy place" for my mom, it would hands down be the cabin. It's been apart of her life for over 50 years. It originally belonged to my Uncle and his friend. My parents spent their honeymoon at the cabin and bought into it a few years later. One of the highlights for me this weekend was seeing my mom's face light up when we pulled into the Wyoming church parking lot at the exact same time my Dad made a surprise appearance. We were not expecting him this weekend - he arrived in style:
Dad is babysitting, my brother-in-laws MG, while he is serving a tour in Japan. Dad takes his responsibility very seriously and makes sure the baby - I mean car get's plenty of fresh air:) McKenna was jealous that Grandma got to ride back to the cabin with Papa, but patiently waited her turn. She loved crushin around with the top down and wants to borrow the MG for the 1st day of school. Sorry dear, you will be dropped off in the good old reliable mini van:)
Monson and Detmer - best cousins!
We always spend hours down at the river. I grew up calling it "River Stomping" however this year the kids called themselves professional "Rock Jumpers".
Isn't this just the sweetest pictures? I love being up at the cabin and hanging out with my family.
Go Kenna! She is fearless and was labeled the Master Rock Jumper. Monson was the Rookie.
McKay takin it easy!
Ryan was freezing when he got out of the river. So Heather told him he would get warmed up if he ran up the hill. Monson and I were slowly walking up the road looking at every rock and flower when McKay and Ryan went flying past us with their shirts off. Monson dropped my hand and took off running after them as fast as his little legs would take him. He even had to take off his shirt so he would look just like the the BIG BOYS!!!
Chillin with MeMa - in the cabin hot tub!
Monson has given up naps this summer, not wanting to miss a thing with his brother and sisters. However he just played too hard at the cabin and fell a sleep in mid bite.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
looks like fun! glad you were able to fit that in right before school...and way to go maggie being brave. ouch though...
Oh the fun that is stuffed into the last days of summer! Poor sweet Maggie. I loved SW days too. We seriously enjoyed it a lot! Yeah for school starting and having a schedule again!
I love that car that your mom and dad were driving! And poor Maggie! Last night at the ward activity someone threw sand on her and it got in her eyes and just about EVERYWHERE else. So I was helping her wipe it all off and noticed her battle wound. She told me all about it. What a tough girl.
Post a Comment