We are back in town after a fun two weeks worth of traveling back to Washington DC for Kent's graduation, visiting my sister in Virginia, and a quick road trip down to Vegas. (Thank you Jenn, Heather, Myrt and Joni for watching the kids:) All of which I fully intended to blog but life just keeps happening-so stay tuned for fun details and pics in a later post. I was so excited for summer however I am quickly realizing that having four children is very time consuming. Monson was born during the school year so now I''m just getting the full dose of reality. I never realized how much I relied on the time the kids were away at school to take care of the house, snuggle with Monson and have some me time. It doesn't help that the last three days I have had sick kids - perhaps that is why I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. Love them, but four needy children and one sleep deprived mommy is not a good combination. I am feeling a bit out numbered. My Dad was in tune when he called today and asked if McKay could come and play. I sent him out the door with a full medical disclaimer - good thing my Dad is a nurse. I know McKay will be in good hands unfortunately he is still having a few side affects from a major allergic reaction. Sunday evening after tromping through 'over his head' weeds looking for a ball his eyes instantly began to swell. As soon as we got home we striped off his clothes, threw him in the tub, flushed his eyes, gave him some Benadryl and had a sleepless night of checking on him. Needless to say we spent Monday morning at the Doctors. Both he and Kenna were in need of medical help. His eyes were completely swollen shut, he was coughing and wheezing. Kenna is suffering from a nasty ear ache, Monson just wants to be held and Maggie who is perfectly healthy seems to randomly take on all of their symptoms when she is in need of attention. For the moment and my sanity, I've decided to just check out of reality- thank you blogging world and to a good book The Memory Keepers Daughter [thanks Becky- good pick- can't wait for book club tonight:] Right about now I am regretting my promise to Kent of welcoming him home to his castle. Yesterday when he came home I greeted him at the door and said welcome to your shany shack, he just laughed and said don't worry. Well today is no better but at least I have vented, taken a quick breather and will happily welcome him home to his LOVE shack and there's always hope for tomorrow ... "A man's house is his castle". I am so lucky that Kent is a good sport and treats me like a queen even when the house is in shambles.
So to end this post on a good note - I wanted to share a cute thing that happened at our ward party... It was a Western BBQ and one of the games was a stick pull. Kent and Matt our YM president challenged each other. For a moment Kent felt like a rock star- everyone was chanting "Bishop, Bishop, Bishop.." It was good for him to hear that he had the full support of all the primary kids. However his claim to fame was short lived when Matt and his competitive spirit pulled him up and over. It was a fun night!
2 weeks ago




4 comments:
It was fun to visit with you this morning...we should make it a regular thing! I liked reading your 'venting'. Not that I'm happy you're overwhelmed, of course, but I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that feels that way sometimes. You are a good example of the kind of mommy I want to be, so keep it up!
Oh Diana! I am so sorry that you are having such a stressful week. Traveling so much, and Having a sick kid.. It makes me tired just thinking about it. Just remember.. if you need that "me" time, just send the kids through the fence.. Lizzy is always looking for them! :)
You're awesome, Diana! I sincerely appreciate these kind of posts!
Thanks for getting real! I need to hear it! You're a great mom...so if I can relate I guess I'm doing okay?
Post a Comment