
Look at this adorable face, how could anyone call him a monster??? For better or worse it just might be a nickname that sticks - 'Monson', is just too close to 'Monster' and the kids think it is hilarious. I'm not to sure - will he resent it when he's older? I must admit I'm just as guilty -'little monster' has slipped out of my lips a time or two especially when he climbs inside the dishwasher and starts unloading faster than I can load. The last couple of weeks we truly made an honest effort not to refer to him as Monster, but Tis the Season... So in honor of our adorable little monster we are having a 'Monster Mash' Family Birthday Party. I love doing themed parties and was having a hard time thinking of something

for Monson's Big #1 so when Kent suggested a "Monster Mash" it was perfect. After all he came home from the hospital just two days before Halloween. At this very same time last year we were trying to predict if Monson would be a TRICK or TREAT? It was our little family's joke - if he waited until Daddy was back in town then he would be a TREAT, but it he was born while Daddy was gone he would be our little TRICK. Well he ended up being both a TRICK and TREAT. The Trick being that he didn't wait for Dad, but such a TREAT! I can't imagine life with out him. (Oct 2007)
6 comments:
Bless your heart, I didn't know that you had Monson when Kent was out of town! That picture with the crazy hair is toooo cute! Almost makes me want to think about number four!
Love the picture! I have one of Lizzy like that when she was about that same age.. Cute!!
So cute. A little Monster is a cute nickname and if he hates it later- you can think of a new one :) Is MOnson one now? Yeah!
He is so cute and I love the name, because of our new prophet. And I also love nicknames. I love theme parties too. Gosh I just love everything about you! Maybe to prepare for our "Hag" day we should dress up for Halloween and try to scare little trick-or-treaters! ha ha
What amazes me is that in your halloween picture, all of your kids have costumes, you have a 2 day old baby, your husband had been gone you and are up and smiling. You are amazing!
At least his nickname isn't Cochina (which means dirty pig in Spanish). That's Maya's nickname. Compared to that Monster is super cute.
Post a Comment