Who would of thought a silly family dinner six years ago would turn into a family tradition... well that it has. Every October 1st we do the traditional skeleton in jello, side dish served up with a fun Halloween dinner-complete with festive dinnerware and all. It's our way of kicking off the Halloween season. My kids look forward to it every year - sure glad they're so easy to please.
Oh what a day it has been .... you would of thought it was Christmas around here with all the hype and excitement. Kenna and Maggie were up before sunrise - thanks to the sound
of the garbage truck:( and one anxious girl anticipating a visit from the tooth fairy. Thanks to our Peterson cousins we discovered that you can find out what color your tooth fairy is by placing your tooth in a glass of water and when she dives down to retrieve the tooth her fairy dust turns the water that color. Kenna was thrilled to find orange water and a gold dollar. Just the perfect color for the Big Day! Her excitment never wore off -which was evident in the clothes she sported to school. Kenna had fun putting together a spirited little "Spider Witch" outfit in honor of "the 1st day of October"...
The kids totally think October 1st is an actual Holiday. Any excuse for a party works for me. We even pulled out the fogger and black Calderon just to welcome Kent Home! This afternoon mom reminded me that October 1st was my Grandpa Silotti's Birthday, he would of been 106 years old. Not that I need an excuse to be silly but adding that to the mix makes the celebration even better. Happy Haunting Everyone!!!




10 comments:
Can my boys move in with you??? They already knew their Aunt Diana was "Da Coolest" My boys just want to have fun. Maybe their mom will get their candy pumpkins out of the storage room in time for trick or treating.
We like October 1st, too. Your kids look so great in their halloween duds. I LOVE the cute spiders in McKenna's hair! You are such a fun mom!
I can't believe you accomplished so much so early! You Hyer's are party animals!
You put me to shame. I didn't even know it was Oct 1st. McKenna has not stopped talking about this game you do with a mask and smarties. I've gotta get the 411 on that cause it sounds like loads of fun!
You do the funnest stuff. I love that tooth fairy thing. I've never heard the before.
My jam didn't set up very well. I called and asked my mom and she said Peach jam is hard to get to set up - you have to cook it longer than it says. Sorry - I make great other types of jam!
Please everyone...give yourself credit- you all do fun silly stuff perhaps it's just not on a designated day. Although I highly suggest it - because the kids love it and when it is associated with an exact date you tend to celebrate it. On Nov 1st we always start our Thankful tree, Feb. 1st is always something "heart" themed. We really get into March 1st as well. I like to pick up the holiday paper products when they are on clearance and save them for the next year. Anytime the table is set with themed plates or napkins the kids think we are having a special dinner or party. something way easy - but it makes their day.
Molly- have you heard of the game "Don't eat Pete?" It's that same concept just with halloween pictures and they wear a frankinstein mask. Kenna was thinking we could do it with the musical notes.
Jenny- oh well - we still had fun. Have you tried it yet? I gave one bottle away so here's hopin it taste good.
Diana, forget about my kids, I want to come move in with you.
What a awesome idea Di! I would totally look forward to it too! With the Hyers its always been a party!
I am totally up for lunch! You name the day...I will be there!
That is so great! I need to start more traditions. We have a few but nothing unusual. So fun!
Post a Comment