Monday, September 29, 2008

So Yummy...


Before I dive into another batch of peaches... just wanted to wish my little helper "Happy 11 months". This is how he's pretty much spent the last couple of days... sitting in his high chair munching, smashing and enjoying oh so yummy peaches off our fruit tree. No wonder his poor bum is so red:( Our peach tree did awesome this year. Perhaps it's Mother Natures way of saying we are finally established:) I 'm proud to say that I made my very 1st fresh peach pie. It was very yummy - thanks for the recipe Betsy. Due to our surplus of peaches we have gotten creative...fresh peach pie, peach jam, bottled peaches, peach cobbler, diced and frozen peaches and the best of all sharing with friends and neighbors. Both my mom's are peached out and they still have a few left to pick so let me know if anyone is interested.

Mags was in heaven last week with her 1st day of dance and a field trip to the fire station. She loved checking out the firetruck but wanted nothing to do with the fireman in full gear.


I read a good article last night in the Ensign and this statement has got me thinking:
"We need to connect our celestial goals with everyday life in our homes. Gospel basics will ultimately confound Satan and protect our families." So besides peaches, housework and staying busy with the kiddo's I'm adding this to my To Do list: Keep my everyday life connected with my celestial goals." So I am up for suggestions, what do you do to keep everything connected to the big picture? Also with this weekend being General Conference what are some of your traditions?

9 comments:

jaclyn said...

i'll trade ya peaches for some spider bows :) joe's favorite desert is peach cobbler, he's love me lots if i made one!

Erin said...

I hear ya. I love peaches and yet I am so sick of them! We have 4peach trees that all must have matured this year as well and we have been canning, freezing etc. for a week straight I swear! We have even given grundles away. I love peaches but I think next year I am going to have to have my kids sell some - I can't handle this many peaches.

Diana said...

sounds good jacyln - I like the bartering system and trading in kind:)

Jenny Kapp said...

I would love some peaches, I have little to barter - oh, I'll offer friendship. Was that cheesy enough! Monson looks sooo happy eating that peach. So cute!

Collings Family said...

Thanks for the peaches you gave us by the way. We all had sore bums too but it was worth every bite!

Becky A said...

cute little monson! looks like he is LOVING that!

Diana said...

Jenny- friendship works too. Just give Myrt a great big hug next time you see her:)

Kathy said...

Yummy! I need to check our tree. It usually doesn't ripen until the end of Sept but I guess we are there eh? Better hope to it!

The Ray Reader said...

Thanks for sharing the yummy peach pie with us. It is my favorite! It was soooo good to see you on Sat, We need to have just you guys over so we can chat more.
As far as traditions every Oct conference we go camping up to Bear Lake and I love listening to conference as the kids play on the beach. It is usually too cold to get in, so it is mostely playing in the sand. We probably don't get out of it as much as watching it, but we do try and it is so relaxing.
Funny you mentioned this as I was thinking the other day I wanted to add something on my blog to get ideas of what to do to be a better mom and keep doing the little things we need too. If that makes any sense.