LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! The number one rule of real estate is location and I've got that covered... we are so lucky to live right around the corner from the best preschool ever. I have loved walking each of my kiddo's to preschool. It seems like just yesterday I was walking Kenna around the corner for her 1st day- I even remember exactly what she wore and how her hair was done -how quickly those five years have past before long it will be little Monson's turn. Oh the joys of childhood!
Sitting here and writing this I am reminded of my preschool years and the horrible day that I walked all the way home (not just around the corner more like a 1/2 mile or so) all by myself just sobbing. My mom had dropped me off at preschool with anticipation of a fun fieldtrip but when I walked inside- the building was empty, not a soul to be found. So I walked home - my mom was upstairs in her bedroom and could hear me crying about a block away. She felt horrible - I remember her running to me and giving me a great big hug and telling me she was so sorry. That day I went with her to her excerise class instead and she was so proud of me for finding my way home. Isn't it silly the things we remember? The only other memories I have of preschool are being so shy and not wanting the photographer to take my picture and being a "Tree" in the play Little Bunny Foo Foo. Mom correct me if I am wrong on any of these memories...




9 comments:
oh that maggie is too cute! LOVE the brown and pink with the red hair! She is adorable! Hooray for preschool! Lucy starts tomorrow, and we are ALL so excited...
I think Maggie is way too adorable! I am glad she got to start school! So fun!!
Tell Maggie Congrats on her first day of school. That is always so fun.
I asked Kennedy if she met anybody new and she said ya Maggie. I said but you already know Maggie and she said Oh ya! She absolutely loves her new preschool and she wants to go everyday.
Maggie looks so big. Love the outfit. Hey if I have a girl then I can have her wear that cute outfit. I can't believe you didn't write about your elephant outfit. Didn't you wear that on your first day of preschool or was that kinder. Love ya. Can't wait till Nov. Tam
Sounds like I need to get some preschool info from you.
Made it to the pool once last week - big accomplishment, although not at 5:30 in the morning :) !
Hey Girl! Here is our bog.http://jcsamgwallace.blogspot.com/
It isn't nearly as cute as yours, but maybe I'll figure it out eventually.
Chris
Wonderful blog Diana!
I can't believe how fast your 4 are growing and such exciting things you've done this summer!
Our blog is http://cest-une-vie-folle.blogspot.com. If you don't mind, I'm putting a link to yours (Tammy will be excited!)
Looking forward to seeing you at this year's soup bowl next month!
Theresa
Di- I miss the kids so much. Mags is gorgeous and I can't believe how big Monson is getting. Hey I had a memory of preschool but don't know if it was you or Tammy. I had to go pick one of you up from preschool and it was raining really hard, the field in front of the school was flooded and I thought we could float across it in my big umbrella. Didn't work so great but some things you just have to try.
Love- Jenn
Post a Comment