Our Labor Day Activities didn't exactly coincide with what the Holiday was originally designed for: "a day off for the working citizens and traditionally, celebrated by most Americans as the symbolic end of the summer." Regardless of the true meaning of the holiday, we were thankful to have Kent home from work and no school. We had fun working hard and playing hard!To be honest, I am sure glad we weren't doing the traditional camping or BBQing. ... woke up this morning to a MAJOR HAIL STORM...


I did the unpardonable and even turned on Christmas music. I've always been absolutely against Christmas music until the official kick off of the holiday season when Santa Claus makes his grand appearance during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. But this morning Kenna was so giddy, and I said why not? Why say no when I could say yes and make her day? So we danced around to Christmas music as we did our morning chores and I would have to agree with our good friend Buddy the ELF...The best way to spread Christmas [Labor Day] Cheer is singing loud for all to hear.
Kent spent the morning helping his Dad and brother grout. Hooray!!! Their family room addition is almost complete. It always makes my heart happy to see the family working together and helping each other out. Mom Hyer invited us over for Breakfast - some good ole southern cookin - girts and eggs.
Now it can't be all work and no play... so this afternoon both grandpas, Kent and the kids went to go see this...
and with Monson happily sitting in his highchair with a dum dum sucker watching me work I finally got to this...





3 comments:
You are such a wonderful MOM!!! Your kids are so lucky to have such a fun Mom!! Love to keep up on you because you are such a good example to me. We are going to have a get together on Sat, Sept 27th hope you can come. I miss you!!!
ahhh...what a lovely laundry room! inspiring, to say the least! glad you had a good labor day, but I can't say I agree with the christmas music...I'm still trying to cram more summer into our weekends!
I remember the old photo of the laundry room and now I am sad because you are perfect :) I liked the old laundry room. J/K It is such a great feeling to have an organized home. Brian Regan when you get home from the Caymans- planning on it.
Post a Comment