Princess Di and her Prince Charming
This Cinderella had a Ball. My only goal was to dazzle my Prince and that I did... thanks to a little help from my fairy god mothers. I was totally pampered and loved every minute of it. Kent came home early to watch the kids and I left for Amy's house, she did my hair and Aleesha did my make-up. (Thanks Ladies - it was fun) When I returned home McKenna and Maggie were in awe. They said that I looked like a real princess and the only thing that cou
Of course it was fun to get all dressed up and spend a wonderful evening with Kent but the events of the Air Force Ball were so much more than the dress, shoes, hair& jewelry (thanks
mom and Joni:). I was honored to attend, help celebrate the 61st Birthday of the AF and pay tribute to the amazing men and women who protect and fight for our freedom. It was good to be reminded of their sacrifices, despite all the negativism on the news -there are thousands of families who have loved ones away at war and that I am thankful for. I loved feeling the patriotism burning in my heart as I stood for the for the National Anthem. The most memorable event of the evening was standing for a moment of silence and a toast in honor of the Fallen Soldiers, POW, MIA and those who were not in attendance with us. In the middle of the room stood this table - the ceremony of the "Missing Man" was remarkable. Each setting on the table w
as symbolic : The table is round -- to show our everlasting concern for our missing men.
The tablecloth is white -- symbolizing the purity of their motives when answering the call to duty. The single red rose, displayed in a vase, reminds us of the life of each of the missing, and the[ir] loved ones and friends of these Americans who keep the faith, awaiting answers. The vase is tied with a yellow ribbon, symbol of our continued anticipation of their return. A slice of lemon on the bread plate is to remind us of the bitter fate of those captured and missing in a foreign land. A pinch of salt symbolizes the tears endured by those missing and their families who seek answers. The Bible represents the strength gained through faith to sustain those lost from our country, founded as one nation under God. The glass is inverted -- to symbolize their inability to share this evening's toast. The chairs are empty -- they are missing. Let us now raise our water glasses in a toast to honor America's POW/MIA and to the success of our efforts to account for them. http://www.aiipowmia.com/histories/histcere1.html
The tablecloth is white -- symbolizing the purity of their motives when answering the call to duty. The single red rose, displayed in a vase, reminds us of the life of each of the missing, and the[ir] loved ones and friends of these Americans who keep the faith, awaiting answers. The vase is tied with a yellow ribbon, symbol of our continued anticipation of their return. A slice of lemon on the bread plate is to remind us of the bitter fate of those captured and missing in a foreign land. A pinch of salt symbolizes the tears endured by those missing and their families who seek answers. The Bible represents the strength gained through faith to sustain those lost from our country, founded as one nation under God. The glass is inverted -- to symbolize their inability to share this evening's toast. The chairs are empty -- they are missing. Let us now raise our water glasses in a toast to honor America's POW/MIA and to the success of our efforts to account for them. http://www.aiipowmia.com/histories/histcere1.html
My heart went out to the table right beside us. There sat 7 single ladies, their husband's away at war deployed since April. One lady's comments were: "Many people ask if I have lost my mind - how and why do you do all the moving, packing and unpacking, deployments, being separated as a family - is it worth it? have you lost your mind?" Her reply: "No, I haven't lost my mind, I've lost my heart to a military man and I support him and love him for what he does for me and for all of us." Throughout the evening my thoughts kept turning to my incredible sister Jennifer. She is married to a Marine and together they have made many sacrifices, e
specially being separated as a family when duty calls, but never have I heard her complain. I am thankful for her example. She is my hero. I love you Jenn! Military runs deep on both sides of our family and we are proud to say we support the war fighter. My Dad is retired ARMY and all of Kent's family - Mom, Dad, brother and sister work up at H.A.F.B. It was fun to double with them.




18 comments:
wow, diana! you look gorgeous! That is a fabulous color on you, your eyes are beautiful! What a fun thing to do!
You looked beautiful! Thanks for posting pics... I was excited to see them! Glad you had fun!
Very pretty princess Diana! So fun! I didn't know you went with Kent's brother too. That was fun!
Oh baby! You look incredible! What a fun change of pace that must have been. Thanks for your thoughts about sacrifices, it was a good reminder.
You look absolutely beautiful. What a fun experience. Doesn't every little girl dream of being princess for a least an evening.
When we saw you guys on Sunday I asked Kent how you looked and that I was excited to see the pictures and it was so cute to see is expression on his face like he was picturing what you looked like that night again. He said you look sooo good, probably better then when you got married. I think it is true your spouse does look better to you the more years you are together. I love how cute you guys are you are such a great example of what a couple should do and how to treat each other. Thanks for helping me to want to be a better person. You guys are great!!
It looks like you had an absolutely wonderful time. You look so great- it was fun to help you get ready :)
Love the photos!
You look incredible! That color is gorgeous on you. What a fun opportunity to have. The nice thing about going back to rags is that it make those kind of events that much more special and appreciated.
You are absolutly georgeous!! Not just that night, but every day!!! Love your dress and it looks like you had a ball.
You look AMAZING!
Well, miss princess Di! You look Rockin' Awesome! How fun for you. You are my idol. Saw your prince charming at the temple.
You're not a kidding with the Princess Di thing. You look like you belong in a palace with your beautiful face and that sparkling dress. A night to remember for sure.
Thanks for posting the picture of the table and explaining the different meanings of everything. It made me cry. I've thought alot about the war widows alot these past 2 weeks and I am appreciative of what their families go through for ours and others freedom.
Princess Di, You look stunning!
Diana you look beautiful! So glad you posted these pictures tell kent hes a lucky man!
sorry that last post was really from me not Bailee she forgot to log out sorry.
I would love to show you how I digiscrap but keep in mind I am no expert! I am still trying to find a class somewhere to learn all of the ins and outs. Let me know when works for you and I would love to show you. My favorite part is NO MESS! Plus create one layout and use for multiple kids and my only costs are printing and you would print the pictures anyways.
Thanks ladies, you are all so kind. I'm thinking I need to print off all your sweet comments and tape them to my mirror as a reminder on my not so glamours days. Just like all of you, I truly am a princess and need to rise to the divinity within:)
Hey you hot Princess. You look amazing! Kent's eyes are HUGE in one of those pictures, I think he likes having you as a date:)
Post a Comment