The Bear Lake Brawl Triathlon was this
weekend... I teamed up with my sister-in-law Cheryl who biked, our cousin Julie ran and I swam. I LOVED every minute of it and want more. I loved the atmosphere, it was so inspiring. I love the excitement and hype. I love cheering on total strangers. I love the variety of age, ability, gender and talent. No more putting it off. Next year I am doing the full Triathlon. I loved the swim, even though the water was very choppy. It was exhilarating. I was pleased with my time (18 minutes), which included my 1/4 mile run up the beach to the bike transition spot. I sig
ned up to be the swimmer, not the runner so you can only imagine my anxiety when I arrived and realized the distance- I was more worried about the run than the swim. I survived and loved it! Very thankful, I was in a full body wetsuit, it was a very chilly morning. Our relay team took 2nd place!!! Hooray for me, at 33 I finally got my 1st medal:) I loved the gals I teamed up with. Thanks for all the laughs and cheers....
So now that it's in writing that I'm doing the full Tri next year, I better get busy. It's fun to have goals to work towards. Kent is talking about doing it as well. I think it would be lots of fun. We are opposites - the swim freaks him out and the run/biking freaks me out. Did you know just the other day, during his mid day gym time he ran a 1/2 marathon just because. So now we just need to share our training tricks of the trade. Any suggestions from my amazing friends that run, bike or swim?
So now that it's in writing that I'm doing the full Tri next year, I better get busy. It's fun to have goals to work towards. Kent is talking about doing it as well. I think it would be lots of fun. We are opposites - the swim freaks him out and the run/biking freaks me out. Did you know just the other day, during his mid day gym time he ran a 1/2 marathon just because. So now we just need to share our training tricks of the trade. Any suggestions from my amazing friends that run, bike or swim?




20 comments:
You GO GIRL! Way to go! My SIL has got me training for a sprint-tri that's next summer. So I've been busy swimming, and running -try http://www.c25k.com/ for a good beginning running program.
Thanks Andrea, that's exactly what I want/need is a good beginner website. What Tri are you doing next summer? Let me know if you every want swim/bike/run together.
wow girl. I am proud of you. You continue to amaze me.
Jenn
Yeah!!!! That is so awesome. Great job on the training and swim. I look forward to seeing your story and pics for next year's full Tri-race! Congrats Diana!
Good job girlie!
Way to go!!! Sounds like a lot of fun. Tammy
Congrats on the medal! I love how you have a big huge cheesy grin on your face as your running out of the water after having just swam in a triathalon. That's our Diana....a smile on her face no matter what.
I,m so very proud of you!!!!! Skyler and Ryan think that it is so cool that you did this but they can't figure out why their mom cries when she looks at your pictures. WOW sweetpea I love ya.
Wow Diana i had no idea you could do anything like that! That is amazing! I think it would be a blast to watch. I love Bear Lake and all the hype but not the stuff in between ha ha
That really is an awesome achievement.
So proud of you - you are so inspiring in all you do and achieve at the same time being a great mommy and wife! I really want to do a tri some day too. WAY TO GO!!!
thanks for my little gift!
Diana, You are AMAZING! I know you can do the full next year, best of luck in your training!
YAY!!! That is awesome. It is funny how addicting it is to race! I agree it is so inspiring just to watch. Good luck with your training. Put that jogging stroller to good use!
That's my girl!!!!!
I am very proud of you. Boy does that wet suit give you one awesome shape. I was excited that McKenna got to go with you but was sorry she couldn't spend Saturday with us. We will have to get back to having one on one dates with the children. Or over-nighters with favorite cousins.
Love you,
See you when I return from VA
Leave it to my good old mom to comment on my figure in a wetsuit:) Next year I want you and Dad at the finish line. Thanks everyone for all the encouraging words, for those who have considered doing a TRI, lets all do it together next year. I would love the company especially while training. Kira, I need your secrets to running.
Diana you are so COOL! My hero! Way to go girl! Lookin' amazing.
You are amazing! Congrats. I know you can do the whole tri next year.
It is a bug huh? Good to see you up there! You should do the Woman of Steel with me next year (triutah.com) it is a little pricey but, an all women's even that is awesome!
Or if you and Kent want to get your feet wet (in tri's so to speak) there are a couple super sprints that run about $25 a race next spring.
WHOOT WHOOT! You keep rockin' it you hot young thing you. But really what a hard and wonderful thing to do. Too cool!
Awesome! Way to go Diana! Jason's already asking if we're going to do the diabetes bike tour next year. The c25k program is awesome, I have the podcasts downloaded and managed to get to week 4 before getting distracted and quitting. So I guess if you want a running buddy I'm game, only with the forewarning that it's typically dark when I get home :( But I have many friends who did the same c25k program and have gone on to multiple 5ks and half-marathons.
Post a Comment