Thursday, November 5, 2009

Starring In The Wizard of Oz...

If you ask McKenna, it was love at first sight, the moment she looked into those puppy brown eyes she knew Cinnamon was meant to be apart of our family. [I for one, never received that overwhelming confirmation - still waiting:)] Ever since that blessed day in February she's been dreaming about their Halloween Debut as Dorothy and Toto. She was thrilled the others decided to play along.
"Toto, I've a feeling were not in Kansas anymore."
"I'll get you my pretty and your little dog too. Going so soon? I wouldn't hear of it. Why my little party's just beginning"-Wicked Witch of the West [Maggie waffled back and forth between Glinda the Good Witch and the Wicked Witch - the clincher was getting to have her face painted green.]
Put 'em up, put 'em up! Which one of you first? I can fight you both together if you want. I can fight you with one paw tied behind my back. I can fight you standing on one foot. I can fight you with my eyes closed. Oh, pull an axe on me, eh? Sneaking up on me, eh? Why, I'll... Ruff! - Cowardly Lion "A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others"-Dorothy [I LOVE and adore this kid, look at how adorable he is. He was the cutest Tinman ever. I know you should not be proud of your kids Halloween costume, but I was. He looked so dang cute and was so proud of his new suit I scored at Kid to Kid- finding the one and only gray suit in the store, let alone in his size was like hitting the jackpot.] Dorothy: Goodbye, Tinman. Oh, don't cry! You'll rust so dreadfully. Here's your oil can.
Tin Woodsman: Now I know I've got a heart, 'cause it's breaking...
Dorothy: Goodybye, Lion. I know it isn't right, but I'm going to miss the way you used to hollar for help before you found your courage.
Cowardly Lion: I never would've found it if it hadn't been for you...
Dorothy: [To Scarecrow] I think I'm going to miss you most of all.
I'm already missing my cute little Oz characters. They were all adorable. It was fun doing the theme costumes, to be quite honest I am surprised they all complied. Who knows what next year will bring. They each have such fun individualized ideas. I love having Halloween on a Saturday. It was fun to party the entire day... the weather was perfect. I'd love to post pictures of the Trunk or Treat and Halloween parties, but that will have to wait. Call me crazy, but Thursday was my absolute favorite day when I got to help out with all three classroom Halloween parties. I was thrilled that timing and scheduling worked out Maggies at 9:30am, McKay's 10:45 and Kenna's 2:30pm. Thanks mom for helping me out with my little Monster, I mean Monson.

4 comments:

The Steffensen's said...

They did look SUPER cute!!! I still think you need a Scarecrow though:)

Collings Family said...

I love family themed costumes! Love those little darlings.

Carrie said...

Very cleaver Diana. You are a good mom to include your dog and the costumes are really cute. We miss you too. Time is sure going by fast... our kids are getting old. It seems just like last year you were holding 2 month old Kolton while he got kicked in the head by your belly:)

Diana said...

Good times Carrie...Good times! Oh how I miss our flight benefits.