
I've been sorting through boxes of pictures all afternoon, Kent's Grandma passed away Wednesday evening and yesterday I was asked to put together a slide show of her life. I was honored but now a little overwhelmed... how do you summarize such an amazing person's life history, personality, love, service, accomplishments, devotion and how much she will be missed in a short video? Each picture holds its own special story. Of all the countless pictures this is the one I searched for... T

he infamous Goodbye Wave: As long as the grandchildren can remember this was Grandpa's signature wave. When he passed away eight years ago Grandma took over the honors. It always made us laugh.
We love you Grandma, Good bye for Now... Wednesday morning we received the dreaded phone call saying that Grandma had had a massive stroke and was not going to make it. As a family we gathered at the hospital to say our final good byes. I am so thankful Kent, the kids and I were able to visit with her on Sunday when she was in good spirits telling us all about her recent trip to Georgia. Saying goodbye is never easy but I have no regrets. I truly was blessed to be loved by such an amazing Grandma. As we all gathered in the hospital room my sweet broken hearted mother in law asked for a blessing of comfort. I too was comforted by the tender words spoken in the blessing: "Just as family members are gathering here, family members on the other side are gathering to eagerly welcome her home."
6 comments:
That was a great blessing. A comfort to all of you. (And I think it's super sweet that she took over her husband's wave!)
I'm so sorry for your loss. What an honor to do the slide show, good luck capturing all the memories! What a great picture of her waving, that one looks like a priceless treasure to keep forever. Tell Kent we love him and we are thinking of you and your family.
My heart hurts for you and especially Myrt. She talked about her mother a lot, I'm going to keep her in my prayers.
Pictures are wonderful things to have to sort through, even if it is a project! What a beautiful lady and nice tribute. Thinking of you guys! Hugs!!!
What a neat person! It's great to have such wonderful people in our lives. I'm so glad that you don't have any regrets. Our prayers will be with the Hyer family.
I'm so sorry Diana and Kent. It's hard when these things happen and it sound like the blessing was the perfect ending (or beginning). if you need help with anything just let me know
Post a Comment