On most days I would not consider myself a "SuperMom" to be quite honest, many nights as my exhausted head hits the pillow I think "Oh man, tomorrow I have to wake up and do it all over again". No matter how many prayers I say, I often loose my temper and say things I regret. I hate housework, the laundry is endless, there are so many mondain things. I despise when the kids are arguing or whining. Yet I am so thankful and love being a stay at home mom. I love volunteering in their classrooms, I love being the last one to tell them I love you and good bye before dropping them off at school and the 1st to ask them how their day went. Being the domestic planner of six, gets crazy and sometimes I want to throw in the towel. But then there's nights like last night that I amaze myself and think perhaps I am a SuperMom. Poor Monson was throwing up all night. After a few times of striping down the bedding (thank you SUPERDAD) we got resourceful and made him a bed in the bathtub. As I laid on the bathroom floor with Monson watching each hour on the clock roll by I earned my badge of honor and advanced in rank to SUPERMOM and you better believe it was done with lots of prayers. As pathetic and miserable as he looked my heart was full. I love being the one that brings him the most comfort. I love all the snuggles. Despite the sleepless night and knowing my swimming partner would be waiting, I dragged myself out of bed to attend our 6am team practice. On Monday, Erin and I signed up to attend a 12 week MWF 0600 1 hr Master Swim Program. I've been swimming for years, but I am looking forward to refocusing on my technique, pick up a few pointers, increase my endurance and hopefully drop my time a little. Wish me luck, waking up early only twice a week about killed me and now I'm going to attempt three. This Supermom will definitely have to start each day in sincere prayer to stay nice and sweet even in a state of exhaustion.
(Found this lovely drawing on my fridge - IT MADE MY DAY - Thanks Kenna Girl!)
Last nigh
t McKenna and SUPERDAD went on a Daddy Daughter Date to the Jon Schmidt Piano Concert. They loved it. Kenna was excited to show off her autographed ticket. It was very inspirational for my aspiring pianist. Lately she has amazed me with her interest in piano. I haven't had to ask her to practice, she sits down multiple times a day to play a song or two. It has been blissful, especially after having to fight her tooth and nail for almost a year. One thing that works well for us is her "Tip Jar". She takes great pride in sitting down to the piano and playing a few tunes in hopes that Kent or I will randomly walk by and drop in a coin or two. What can I say she is an aspiring musician.
I'v
e been a slacker on this blog lately, playing the catch up game would take way too much time. I always have good intentions... However, I would be ungrateful if I let the Thanksgiving season pass with out recording Maggie's chosen Indian Name. In her kindergarten class during the week of Thanksgiving they had a Pow Wow and were assigned to come up with an Indian Name. It didn't take long when we settled on the perfect name - Cheerful Whispering Wind!!! Isn't that just fitting for Maggies disposition? I have thought of her name often since her Pow Wow and decided that's how I want to view life ... the winds of life are always blowing and I want to listen only to the cheerful whisperings.




6 comments:
Just letting you know that I'm alive!!! WAY TO GO SUPERMOM. I hope that Monson is feeling better. Please give him a big love from Aunt Sugar. XOXO to all.
Love that post and I know what you mean about McKenna. Things have really clicked for her with piano, haven't they? I'm loving it too! It's a joy to teach her!
What a beautiful summary of your exciting, draining and wonderful mommy moments! Congrats on surviving and thriving through them. I'm so happy for you and your sweet family. Looking forward to seeing you after the holidays :)
You are always a Super Mom Diana! What a great reminder though to pray through your day, it's something I don't do often enough. I hope Monson is feeling better. Oh, and a thought about the housework and Laundry, I hate it to, but just remind yourself that you hate it worse when it's not done! It works for me (sometimes).
I think we all have those moments when we don't feel like we've done enough. It kinda goes with the territory of motherhood. But you are a super mom! Think of all the great things you do! A friend in my ward here said that her dad always told her that when she is juggling life and feeling like she's dropping the ball a lot, to just make sure she doesn't drop the most important balls! Ok, that didn't sound as good as when she said it, but you get the idea!
Also, so sorry to hear about Kent's Grandma Tell Kent we love him.
You are SUPER every which way you look at you! I am so so so so sorry Monson is sick!!! I feel so bad! Bree never threw up again and the doctor actually thinks it was her coughing so hard, which she did right before it happened - still! I hope you all get feeling better and that includes getting some much needed R&R for you! Just take little steps and remember the blessings WILL and DO come when we sacrifice and do what is right! You are a good friend and example!
Post a Comment