Another thing that makes me happy is my weekly visits to Maggie's class to read them a book. It is the best parent volunteer assignment I have every had. Maggie loves picking out the book. I love being in the classroom, it's short, sweet and I can bring Monson! It is the perfect win win situation. Today with all the snow falling we thought Snowmen At Night by Caralyn Duehner w
ould be perfect. It is the cutest little book (Thanks Chris) telling all the fun and exciting things snowmen do at night. I brought in this Snowman jar filled with mini marshmellows and shared "snowballs" with the class. As I placed a handful in each out strecthed hand, I told them 'to hurry up and eat them before they melt', pretending that my hands were getting very cold the kids started playing along. It was fun to see them use their imagination. However, one little boy insisted that they were marshmellows and not snowballs... so I passed him by saying 'sorry I only have snowballs to share'. You should of seen the look in his eye - but you know me no magic no money. [click for previous tough love post]
With all this snow, I guess we will be making snowmans tonight!!!




5 comments:
I just read that book to Isaac's class. I agree, that's the best way to volunteer!
I don't know how I missed it, but I just read your NO Magic, No Money post. I think that's such a cute idea. My kids still believe in everything. But when they stop, I'll have to use that line on them. Good idea!
Good to see that you stuffed the snowman with something else this year. Love ya. Tammy
You crack me up Tam. I'm impressed you remembered. Do you recall me buying the snowman on our sister trip to Boston.
Mom says I remember to what the snowman was stuffed with, shall we announce it to the world?
I love that you get to read books to Maggie's class. This is one of our winter favorites!
Post a Comment