Twas minutes before the school bell would ring letting my excited kids out for Christmas vacation and all through the house not a creature was stirring, only mom and the computer mouse... quickly trying to post our amazing visit to Temple Square last weekend before the start of new Chri
stmas adventures this weekend. I am not a city girl, I really do not like going to Salt Lake - so for this country bumkin to have gone to Temple Square Friday Night and again Sunday Morning is something else. Friday night was in celebration of finishing the Book of Mormon as a family. For the past three years (last year it was the New Testament) we have worked hard to accomplish our goal of completing the Book of Mormon just before Christmas as our gift to Jesus. We bundled up and faced the freezing temperatures and thoroughly enjoyed the sights of Christmas. As always the lights were amazing. We read in the Friend, that they start hanging lights in August and have them completely taken down by April 1st. It is always something extraordinary.
Sunda
We were also privileged to hear from the noted historian Pulitzer P
rize winning guest artist David McCullough. At the conclusion of the Sunday mini-concert, he noted that "John Adams toward the end of his life was having a conversation with young Ralph Waldo Emerson who had been studying at Harvard. President John Adams looked at the young scholar and said that he would to God that there was more ambition in the land. By that, said Adams, I mean ambition of the laudable kind -- the ambition to excel, not to have more money or power or fame. " Everyone involved in the performance truly excelled. Next year I am definitely putting in for the Lottery in hopes of aquiring tickets for a repeat. As I sat listening to the beautiful music my heart was full of the Christmas Spirit. I love this time of year. I am so thankful for my family and my Saviors Love.




3 comments:
My last doctor's appointment up at the U was in late September and they were stringing lights at the Conference Center. I was kind of wishing the light would stay red longer because it was cool to watch the intricate process of wrapping every twig.
We tried to go this year but couldn't find parking and the kids fell asleep while we were driving around so we just went home. Thanks for at least letting me see the lights and the Christus by proxy!
And you go girl on that cake!
Di,
The pictures were beautiful, I love the Salt Lake Temple! Please keep me posted as to when they start the application for tickets for the Christmas Concert. I told Heather she needed to put in next year and she said she would if she knew when. We need to tell Dave to do it also he is so lucky, he always wins something. The kids are still snug in their beds, but of course I am awake bright and early. Make sure you get your letters done.
Love you
Post a Comment