Yesterday we celebrated Cinnamon's 1st Birthday, actual it was her Adoption day into the Hyer family, complete with homemade cakes by the girls and even her very own present: a new valentine jacket. Can you believe we have had a dog for a year now? I truly NEVER thought I would make it this long. In all honesty I really think I could sever the dog/owner relationship with no remorse, however not the kids. McKenna, Maggie and Monson adore her. McKay tends to side with Kent and I, not sure if the extra work is worth it. However, she is officially part of the family and deserves her own special day. She really is a good dog, so patient and careful with the kids, especially Monson who loves to maul her. She is my scripture reading buddy and McKenna and Maggie's snuggle bug. Having
a dog definitely teaches your kids responsibility and McKenna has been FABULOUS. She never complains about having to take the dog out. Sad but true McKenna know full well that she is the only reason why we have a dog and if she is tried of taking care of her I will gladly find her a happy new home. She even saved and used her own money to buy Cinnamon a doggy bed for Christmas. Cinnamon has become a part of each of our lives and the main subject to many school projects and free writing assignments. Today she even went into Maggie's class for show-n-tell, their assignment was to bring "Something they LOVE". Cinnamon LOVES having her belly rubbed. She is forever rolling over onto her back in hopes of a good belly rub. She really truly is spoiled and LOVED. Below are a few class assignments which I've taken pictures of capturing the feelings which the kids have for her.
(My Dog Cinnamon, comforts me when I am sad. For example when my Grandma died.)
McKenna's written assignment on My Favorite Possession:




2 comments:
She has to be the luckiest dog in the world to live in the Hyer house! You guys make everything so fun!
I can't say thank you enough for giving of your time and talents for our RS last night. Everything you said was right on what I was thinking! thank you and thank you for being such a good friend.
Post a Comment