Today our Relief Society lesson was on the Love of God, very fitting for the last day of February, don't you think. This quote really stood out to me:
Don’t get discouraged if you stumble at times. Don’t feel downcast or despair if you don’t feel worthy to be a disciple of Christ at all times. The first step to walking in righteousness is simply to try. We must try to believe. Try to learn of God: read the scriptures; study the words of His latter-day prophets; choose to listen to the Father, and do the things He asks of us. Try and keep on trying until that which seems difficult becomes possible—and that which seems only possible becomes habit and a real part of you. (President Uchtdorf October 2009 General Conference)

I love this quote. Not because I've been discouraged lately, in fact the exact opposite. I have honestly found so much strength and joy in doing these simple things. Last year President Monson encouraged us to do three things 1) study diligently 2) Pray earnestly 3) Serve willingly. All he ask is that we do our personal best and just keep trying. "
Keep Tri'n" has become my personal mantra both Spiritually and Physically. Things are going well with my Triathlon training and I'm pleasantly pleased with how well other aspects of my life are going, especially when I put the Lord 1st. This past month for some bizarre reason I was asked to teach three different wards mid week Enrichment Lessons, 2 of which were on
Goal Setting and Organizing Priorities. It is always overwhelming to prepare and gather all your thoughts. Yet I was so thankful for the opportunity to study, reflect and evaluate my own life. One thing that rang true over and over again was
not letting the Urgent Trump The Important. However, that is easier said than done. The whirl wind of life is all about Urgency.
[Thanks S.R. Covey for the anology] It's all the work required everyday just to keep things going (i.e. laundry, cooking, home work, children, callings, housework etc). It gets at me, it demands immediate attention. It has immediate consequences if ignored. The challenge is finding the balance and not allow it to take over my time to do the IMPORTANT things ... read, pray, serve, love and give lots of attention to my family. My challenge is executing a few goals/projects ad mists the whirlwind, not letting the Urgent trump the Important. One thing has helped a ton... I pray and read my scriptures 1st thing in the morning then I pray again and say "Okay, Heavenly Father now I need help with .... Please help me to accomplish this." I know that He delights to honor those who honor and serve him. I truly am blessed, right now there are no major dragons attacking me just little annoying nats doing their best to distract me of all the things that matter most. I know there will always be opposition and friction, and I'm okay with that because I know Heavenly Father is always looking out for me , LOVES me and wants me to succeed even in my whirlwinds of life.

(Here I am in the midst of one of my on going whirlwinds, I didn't even know Kent had taken the picture until I was down loading the camera a few weeks ago. It's hideous I know, but if you can't laugh at yourself then life's just to dull and boring. I totally remember this night, I had put off the URGENT to focus on The IMPORTANT for a few days-yikes I don't know which is scarier the pile or my wide open mouth:)
10 comments:
I think you're spot on. And way to keep it real. Love the picture. You look really organized in your laundry-sorting efforts, if you could just wake up enough to do it! Ha! You're an awesome example to me of doing what's important. I'm going to keep Tri'in my best!
I Love you sweet pea. You are an example to your big sis.
I'm so sad I missed MY Enrichment activity! The food was yummy tho. You are awesome and so organized, I don't know how you do it. The Young Women were asked last year to do 3 things...1.Read their scriptures (just 5 min a day) 2.Pray 3 Smile. So I've been trying that..and I still struggle! :) Konra and I will have to talk to you about your triathlon, I think that sounds like a great accomplishment and FUN. So glad Kent thought to snap that pic...most men don't think about capturing priceless memories! You look so exhausted!
Angela, call me anytime about the Tri. I would love it have some training buddies.
That is a great post! You are so funny. I love the laundry picture!
Jenny, you were the amazing teacher who inspired the post - Good job.
that photo made me laugh only because i have been there and done that sista! I loved this post. I am chanting that mantra now...
Diana, WOW!!!!! loved everything you said... Could you call me every morning and just remind me again???? lol Thanks so much!
p.s. tiffanyjones1@comcast.net for an invite
HA HA HA HA > I love the photo! I love even more that you found it an posted it! You are amazing and when I check your blog I want to be a better mom. Love your inspiration
Post a Comment