Ye
sterday my amazing neighbor brought over this decorative plate which reads "Live Thankfully" now I have two favorite Fall Plates. I think I might leave it out year round as a perfect reminder to be THANKFUL in everyday situations. I truly have so much to be thankful for. One of my favorite fall traditions is our "Thankful Plate". Each family dinner the plate rotates through the family or whoever is our guest. When it is at your place setting, your the lucky one who gets to eat off the leaf plate, it's your turn to be in the spotlight and let everyone express how thankful they are for you. Tonight, since it was our last dinner before Thanksgiving we took the oppurtunity to go all around the table and shared what we are THANKFUL for. I loved watching each persons face glow when it was their turn to hear all the kind, wonderful things shared about them.
Monson's Turn In the Spotlight:
Dad was thankful that Monson makes him laugh. Mom was thankful for their snuggle reading time together. McKenna that they get to play Okey Bear together, McKay that he liked to sleep with him and Maggie was thankful that Monson played with her.
Maggie's Turn in the Spotlight:
Dad was thankful that she always said "I love you Daddy" and gives him a big hug and kiss no matter what. Mom was thankful that she gets to volunteer in Maggie's classroom and loves watching her do her Show and Teach. McKay was thankful that she was a nice sister and helps her clean up. McKenna was thankful to have a sister.
McKay's turn in the spotlight:
Dad is thankful that McKay is willing to go do service with him. Mom is thankful that McKay always asks to play a game with him, because once she stops it always makes her happy that she took time to focus on what really matters. McKenna is thankful that McKay plays with her and he is her closes sibling. Maggie is thankful that McKay protects her. Monson loves to sleep in Kay Kays bed.
McKenna's turn in the spotlight:
Dad is thankful that she is so willing to help babysit and knows how hard the responsibility of the oldest child can be. Mom was thankful for her creativity and how she is always making and doing something extra around the house to make it fun. McKay Loves playing together. Maggie is thankful that they share a room and for making her a canopy. Monson loves to play Okey Bear with her.
Mom's turn in the spotlight:
Dad is thankful to be married to his best friend who supports him in all that he does. McKenna was thankful that we had fun transforming our kitchen into a Winter Wonderland today. McKay was thankful that we get to play Chess together. Maggies was thankful that Mom takes time every morning to make breakfast for the kids. Monson said "I Love Mom".
Dad's Turn in the Spotlight:
Mom was thankful that Dad cooks yummy meals and works hard to provide for the family. McKenna is thankful that Dad sings and reads to them every night. McKay was thankful that Dad takes him to go help people and put the priesthood to practice. Maggie was thankful Dad built a snow fort with her and Monson is thankful for his jelly beans.
Monson's Turn In the Spotlight:
Dad was thankful that Monson makes him laugh. Mom was thankful for their snuggle reading time together. McKenna that they get to play Okey Bear together, McKay that he liked to sleep with him and Maggie was thankful that Monson played with her.
Maggie's Turn in the Spotlight:
Dad was thankful that she always said "I love you Daddy" and gives him a big hug and kiss no matter what. Mom was thankful that she gets to volunteer in Maggie's classroom and loves watching her do her Show and Teach. McKay was thankful that she was a nice sister and helps her clean up. McKenna was thankful to have a sister.
McKay's turn in the spotlight:
Dad is thankful that McKay is willing to go do service with him. Mom is thankful that McKay always asks to play a game with him, because once she stops it always makes her happy that she took time to focus on what really matters. McKenna is thankful that McKay plays with her and he is her closes sibling. Maggie is thankful that McKay protects her. Monson loves to sleep in Kay Kays bed.
McKenna's turn in the spotlight:
Dad is thankful that she is so willing to help babysit and knows how hard the responsibility of the oldest child can be. Mom was thankful for her creativity and how she is always making and doing something extra around the house to make it fun. McKay Loves playing together. Maggie is thankful that they share a room and for making her a canopy. Monson loves to play Okey Bear with her.
Mom's turn in the spotlight:
Dad is thankful to be married to his best friend who supports him in all that he does. McKenna was thankful that we had fun transforming our kitchen into a Winter Wonderland today. McKay was thankful that we get to play Chess together. Maggies was thankful that Mom takes time every morning to make breakfast for the kids. Monson said "I Love Mom".
Dad's Turn in the Spotlight:
Mom was thankful that Dad cooks yummy meals and works hard to provide for the family. McKenna is thankful that Dad sings and reads to them every night. McKay was thankful that Dad takes him to go help people and put the priesthood to practice. Maggie was thankful Dad built a snow fort with her and Monson is thankful for his jelly beans.
I a
Of the entire 5th grade class the Silhouette below and to the left was my all time favorite. I had so much fun tracing his profile, this kid had the cutest head of curly hair. I was super impressed with how diligent he was to sit and cut out each individual curl. I felt bad that McKenna wasn't happy with her profile, she said she looked like a boy with her short hair. Luckily other than her Silhouette she love her new hair cut and I have enjoyed peaceful mornings again.

While at the school I was able to surprise both Maggie and McKay during their lunch. I love watching the dynamics of school lunch. A sign [Please remember this is not a Chuck-A-Rama] is now hanging in the cafeteria, it totally cracked me up so I had to take a picture. To be honest my concern is the exact opposite. I often wonder how much my kids actually ate and did they eat enough to have enough energy to make it through the day. I loved sitting with Maggie and Mckay for a few minutes and watching them interact with their friends.


I am not one to enjoy the snow. I hate being cold and all the wet clothes. But I am thankful for the snowy weather that encourages me to stay home, sip hot chocolate, decorate for Christmas and watch from the window as Kent and the kids build a snow fort. I am very thankful that when I go outside to snap a quick picture Maggie proceeds to tell me that a giant snowball is just like our testimony, it starts out small but gets bigger and bigger the more we use it. I am thankful for Kent taking every opportunity to teach and love how easily he applies a scripture lesson to everyday fun life. As they were building the snow fort he told the story of Captain Moroni and his men fortifying their walls, homes and cities to protect them from their enemy and how we can/need to fortify our own home from Satan and his evil influences. I am THANKFUL for my FAMILY and the GOSPEL.

Happy Thanksgiving!




2 comments:
I am thankful for my sister who is such a wonderful mother. You are amazing. What a great example to your children, your friends and your sister. I love you.
Ohh Tammy - I love and miss you too. Wish we could be together on Thanksgiving!! This will be my 1st Thanksgiving ever of not being with at least one of my sisters. Dave and I will carry on together. I am thankful for my little bro living close by. We miss you all.
Post a Comment