When I downloaded the camera today I found over 50 self portraits of McKenna with her fancy updo in my blue formal dress. This girl cracks me up. When I picked her up from her friend's pampering*spa* dress up* party, you would of thought I was picking up my 16 years old all ready for prom. Kenna tells me she wants to wear my dress to prom, I tell her she certainly can, but assure her she will change her mind when she is sixteen. I loved her confidence and excitement of being all dolled up.
Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise that I couldn't find my camera or I would of been very tempted to squeeze in some Blog time in this already filled to the brim week of way too many fun yet time consuming activities... McKay's 1st basketball game of the season, card exchange, dinner with girlfriends, volunteering in the classroom, a bike ride to soak in the sunshine, Dr appointments, Birthday celebrations and Election Day. Tuesday was totally consumed, from sun up to sun down. I was an Official Poll
Worker for the elections. Call me crazy but I loved it!!! My shift was 6am to 9pm. I loved seeing so many friendly faces from SW. Someone asked how I got roped into it and was shocked when I told them I VOLUNTEERED! I think it's a perfect and rewarding way to do a little community service and fulfill my civic duty:) Actually I just love people. I am a total people watcher and love interacting with all types, believe me election day brings out all types - the good, the bad, the ugly, the old, the young and everything in between. Lucky for me I live in the best community ever and had fun visiting with so many wonderful people. For years, each time I go vote and see all the election clerks I think to myself how fun it would be to help out -so when I found out they needed some more people I applied. When the County called to confirm my willingness and schedule training I was shocked to find out I even got paid. Bonus!!! SW had 1200 voters and I loved seeing every single one of them.
Worker for the elections. Call me crazy but I loved it!!! My shift was 6am to 9pm. I loved seeing so many friendly faces from SW. Someone asked how I got roped into it and was shocked when I told them I VOLUNTEERED! I think it's a perfect and rewarding way to do a little community service and fulfill my civic duty:) Actually I just love people. I am a total people watcher and love interacting with all types, believe me election day brings out all types - the good, the bad, the ugly, the old, the young and everything in between. Lucky for me I live in the best community ever and had fun visiting with so many wonderful people. For years, each time I go vote and see all the election clerks I think to myself how fun it would be to help out -so when I found out they needed some more people I applied. When the County called to confirm my willingness and schedule training I was shocked to find out I even got paid. Bonus!!! SW had 1200 voters and I loved seeing every single one of them.




3 comments:
I love finding surprise pictures of Jaycee on my camera, and all her photo shoots she does with her friends, dolls and brothers! What funny girls :)
I love finding surprise pictures of Jaycee on my camera, and all her photo shoots she does with her friends, dolls and brothers! What funny girls :)
Oh!! I would be lost!! I have 2 cameras and one of them the battery charger is lost and it is driving me crazy.
We need to get together, I posted on Susie, so let me know when may work for you
Post a Comment