and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!
Lots of excitement in the Hyer Household today. Monsons was thrilled he finally got to have the Lucky Charms, we brought home from Mexico in anticipation of the big day.The kids thought it was pretty cool that everything was written in Spanish, until they tried to play the games on the back. We all love St Patrick's Day!!! It starts the night before, I give out one warning to put on green jammies or else I will come pinch them at midnight. All the kids heeded the warning but Kent. So of course I tormented him! The night before preparations are always underway with the kids building a trap in hopes of catching a Leprechaun. However over the years it has evolved into constructing something nice in order to entice or lure the leprechaun. McKenna even crafted a beautiful Lady Leprechaun, in hopes of "beckoning" one lucky leprechaun. It worked- he came, ate all the white chocolate chips, took a dip in the pool, enjoyed the night with his Leprechaun Lady and must of snuck away in the wee hours of the morn. However he did leave behind his pot of gold, top hat and the Legend of the Shamrock!
Maggie was so excited - she couldn't wait to get to school and show her class. I happened to be in her classroom doing the baggy books when Mrs. Q invited her to share it with the class. She passed around the velvet Leprechaun top hat, the 1st graders all gazed in awe. I don't think Mrs. Q realized nor did I that Maggie would read the entire Legend of the Shamrock. It is quite religious talking about how St Patrick used the three leaves on the Shamrock to teach about the God Head - Heavenly Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Probably not appropriate for public school, Mrs. Q handled it well, after Mags was finished reading she kindly said- if any of you have any questions about the Legend find Maggie at recess. I tell ya, Mags is going to be my little missionary. While we were in Mexico she had a Clogging competition in Idaho, the Polls and Burwells were so kind to let her join up with their families. After a long day of dancing everyone was exhausted, but they got their second wind when they got to the hotel and went swimming. After hours of swimming Nicky and Mandy thought for sure they would all be ready for bed. As they crawled into bed, Maggie pulls out her Book of Mormon and says we need to read our scriptures and proceeds to read aloud to everyone. That girl amazes me. She is such a sweet little thing.
My very favorite part of St Patricks Day is putting on my silly hat and popping into McKenna, Maggie and McKays classroom with a pot of gold filled with individually wrapped Rolos. I've been doing it for years, Maggie and McKay still think it is the coolest, however McKenna was a bit hesitant, not sure if she wanted her goofy mom sharing the love. I gave her the option, I would never want to embarass her, but when it came right down to it she said please come! I was thrilled. Monson was my sidekick and made the cutest little Leprechaun. He had so much fun walking through the hallways handing out chocolate and spreading good cheer. After school we stopped by Kent's work. We may all look like a bunch of goofs. But we have fun together!
but let a shout come from without,
and see them all unite.
(We'll claim being of Irish decent for a day, yet even without the lineage this saying holds true)




1 comment:
You are the coolest mom. I love seeing the fun things you do. Utah for us, we are still trying to figure it out. Tye has to be in LVegas in June so we may head down the end of June. I'll keep you posted.
Post a Comment