Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I LOVE MARCH!!!



Yesterday the kids all went running into Pack Meeting wearing green, Kenna even had on her St Patricks shirt, Maggie somehow made it out of the house holding our gold leprechaun pot, I was in charge of refreshments and walked in holding my Shamrock platter; for a a split second poor Nicole, our CubScout leader thought "Did I miss St Patricks Day?" Not at all, we just like to start the celebrations early on the 1st and party all month. It's amazing how something as simple as shamrock napkins and green cups can transform a breakfast. Each place setting had a large plastic green cup and a small shot glass [leprechaun sized] I told the kids it was their their LUCKY DAY and they got to choose which cup they wanted to drink their milk and juice out of. Oh course they all choose to have only a quick shot of milk and enjoyed lots of juice. Why not it's March... my favorite month. My festive spirit and luck was pressed when I took my van in and it didn't pass the Emissions Test do to a check engine light. I thought it would be a quick fix, however three estimates later I am looking at a $1400 repair to the entire Catalyst (muffler/exhaust) system. Yikes!!!! At breakfast we all raised our glasses and made a toast to a Lucky Day.... guess I should of clarified which type of luck. Oh well! Despite the sick feeling of spending so much on car repairs it was good to be out and about in places I don't normally hang out and to see the good in a variety of people!!!

4 comments:

Melissa Cheney said...

$1,400?? OUCH! You know I understand the pain of expensive car repairs and can truly empathize. Sorry!!
On a lighter note, I LOVE how you take something as ordinary as breakfast and make it extraordinary! Your kids are going to have the most wonderful memories of their childhood with YOU as their mom!
Luv u SO much, girl! Thx for being such an incredible example to me.

Tammy said...

Once again you out shine every other mother in the world. What lucky kids you have. Always full of fun.

Diana said...

You guys are always so kind with your comments, however,they do make me feel a little self conscious. I post the fun, silly things just because it's what I want to remember not to be a show off or to out shine any other remarkable mother. Heaven knows I have lots to work on. I have to be honest I love reading your thoughts and appreciate you taking the time to post a comment just wish my other mystery readers would do the same so I knew who exactly was looking into my world. Thanks and Love Ya!

The Ray Reader said...

Another thing to make March so Great is someones BIRTHDAYS!!! Yippee Lets celebrate yours and a late birthday for Susie!! When can you get together!! Love ya