Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Maggie is a clogger

I moved to North Carolina when I was in 4th grade, my mom asked if I wanted to try Clogging. I truly didn't even know what it was - I thought: tap dancing to twangy country music - no thanks mom. Little did I know, 25 years later, my little Maggie would be passionate about clogging and there's nothing twangy about it. She loves dancing and galloping around the house. One of her favorite dance steps requires knocking your toes on the floor, thus almost all her shoes, including her new boots from Christmas, are scuffed up and very worn in the toes. She loves to clog and chose to do a clogging demo for one of her 1st grade 'show and teach'. She was truly in her element teaching her classmates a few steps. It cracked me up to listen to all their comments, especially in regards to her shinny leather pants. Mags had her 1st clogging recital on Saturday. She was all smiles from ear to ear. I loved every second of it. Her teachers are amazing, excellent role models and so full of positive energy. The best part of the entire evening was it started with a Prayer and all the outfits were totally modest yet still totally cute and funky. Maggie had a ball. I loved watching her shine. Kent and McKay brought her flowers. Grandma gave her a purple coin purse filled with candy and she loved being surrounded by her best little buddies.

(Here's a little unknown trivia, Did you know Kent use to clogg when he was little? Skyla and Maggie think it's pretty cool their Dad's even clogged together when they were their same age.)
Way to Go Maggie! We are so proud of you!

9 comments:

Susan said...

Hey Maggie, I was a clogger too! Although, it was to twangy music with big huge puffy skirts, I loved it! Way to go cutie!

The Steffensen's said...

Can't wait to see Mags in action. Maybe she and Kent can do a duet?

Tammy said...

Maggie you look adorable. You are such a star. Keep dancing!!!

Anonymous said...

You beat me to the post! I'm waiting for a clip of video that my mom has...and I had to find the picture of T clogging...and now it's past my new bedtime, so maybe tomorrow! :) Clogging rocks!

Aleesha said...

So cute! I always thought clogging was cool because T did it. Way to go Maggie!

Ben & Mona said...

I can join that group that have clogged. Amanda and I were both in a clogging group when we were younger. I still remember several steps. How fun for Maggie!

Myrt said...

What a fun evening we had watching Maggie and of course Skyla, Jessica & Ellie. They all did so well and were so cute! Way to go girls. Absolutely loved the MODEST costumes.

Carrie said...

I used to take clogging and I loved it. I love her outfit but I have to say I was in love with my puffy skirt. I hope she has one... they are fun. Funny thing is I still remember how to clog. It never leaves you once you learn it.

Diana said...

Wow, I never knew so many of you were cloggers. I so should of clogged when I was younger so I could be apart of such an elite group.