Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Madness...

... phrase coined, I know in regards to the craziness of Basketball, anybody who knows me, will not be shocked to learn I haven't watched a single basketball game this season , yet there has been plenty of March Madness going on around here... with lots of late nights getting school projects done, endless meetings and just plain old playing. You name it, we have done it this month. Kent and I did escape all the madness, enjoying a MAGICAL week in MEXICO which was AMAZING... FANTASTIC... GRAND... [post still to come] yet it feels like we have been playing catch up ever since. Sweet Maggie even tried to work her magic and hide a few of the residual bags under my eyes. She is quite the make up artist and loves giving makeovers. Here are just a few of our March Madness Updates:




McKenna's science fair project was due two days after we returned from Mexico. Poor girl, had a long hard week - science fair project, book report, a math-a-thlon all due with the same week and to top it off she was not feeling well. I knew she was really sick when she passed up going skiing with her dad.


Last night was McKay's 3rd grade program. He did a fantastic job! I loved listening to all the catchy clever songs. I was amazed he memorized so many. In March, McKay finished up basketball and is now looking forward to Soccer starting in April.
Last Friday, Kent hosted a "Rocky Movie Marathon" with the Poll boys. They watched 3 of the six movies back to back. Six hours of straight Rocky and junk food. Kent was in heaven and had a great time reminiscing about the good old days of him and Travis. The two of them grew up loving all the Rocky Movies, he was thrilled to share that excitement with Gavin and Cooper.


Spring in Utah is crazy... snow one day and sunshine the next. We try to soak up the rays whenever we can. Monson is loving the warmer weather and enjoys driving around in his little Mustang. The below picture cracks me up. His licence plate, lovingly made by McKenna reads: Monson ROCKS... his little friend just happens to be named ROCKy!) The two of them crusing around was so cute.


Good bye March, it's been Grand ... Looking forward to seeing ya again next year!!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I just have to laugh at your Mexico post "to come soon!" Still waiting for the last trip to Mexico!

Anonymous said...

Happy April Fools Day!
Maggie can I have a make over too?
McKenna I hope you are all better now. You didn't tell us McKay had a program, sorry we missed it. I love the pictures of Monson in his car. Love you,
Mom

Diana said...

susie - you totally called me on the carpet... I know you are still waiting for our girls trip to New York!! How in the world did you recall that I didn't post last years trip to Mexico?? My sister in law still teases me that she is waiting to see the post from Narnia Days and Disneyland two years ago. Just a few of the many post I want to insert before I print my blog.