H
ave you ever heard of a 'Weed Wisher'? Neither had I, until I was having a little conversation with Maggie that went something like this: "Mom, wanna know what I wish for every time I blow a weed wisher [a dandelion gone to seed] or make a wish when it's 11:11? I WISH you will have another baby!!" Poor thing, I told her she better start making another WISH, because life’s too short to not have your dreams and wishes come true. BABY?!?!? I have been working on a baby project. Which got me thinking about my Due DATE... May 21st Post??? The big day has finally arrived. Ready or not my ½ marathon is next week. YIKES!!!! So today on this nice Sunny Day, I followed Maggie's example- picked up a Weed Wisher and made a few wishes of my own.
ave you ever heard of a 'Weed Wisher'? Neither had I, until I was having a little conversation with Maggie that went something like this: "Mom, wanna know what I wish for every time I blow a weed wisher [a dandelion gone to seed] or make a wish when it's 11:11? I WISH you will have another baby!!" Poor thing, I told her she better start making another WISH, because life’s too short to not have your dreams and wishes come true. BABY?!?!? I have been working on a baby project. Which got me thinking about my Due DATE... May 21st Post??? The big day has finally arrived. Ready or not my ½ marathon is next week. YIKES!!!! So today on this nice Sunny Day, I followed Maggie's example- picked up a Weed Wisher and made a few wishes of my own. With the 1/2 marathon right around the corner my biggest WISH is just to finish the race. I know I WILL but it will not be without pain. This has not been an easy training for me. I think having a baby would have been easier. I am still having problems with my legs and feel like my theme song as of late is the country song by Garth Brooks- Much Too Young to Feel this Damn Old. For days following any run I limp around like an old lady and the ice pack and heating pad have become my best friends. At times I think I am insane for self inflecting this pain, yet on the other hand I have become addicted to the challenge. Monday I ran 10 miles and was on a high when I finished. I have truly enjoyed the journey, getting to know my amazing running partner- love ya Alessha- and discovering I CAN DO AND ACCOMPLISH HARD THINGS yet most importantly I am running for a cause ... 'T' in every sTep!!!
*I WISH my blog was up-to-date and so does that crazy lady from Mexico, who keeps checking if I have posted. I WISH all our happenings of the past month (soccer games, dance, women’s conference, field trips, mother's day, ect...) had already been posted prior to next week when history is going to be made. Yes, me running a 1/2 marathon and Kent the full marathon will be historic. I never saw it in our cards. It deserves a post all to its self. It will be monumental. Last January I couldn't even run a mile without stopping. I keep blogging as my family scrapbook but as of late it's just another headache on my to do list. I want to keep blogging because I LOVE looking back and am so thankful I captured so many of the memorable moments. My problem right now is finding the time. I use to be a late night blogger, I had no problem burning the midnight oil, I liked the quiet time!!! But after returning home from Women's Conference with a renewed dedication to better myself, I decided I needed to follow the wise council in the old proverb - Early to bed, Early to rise... Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. In trying to be healthy and wise and trying to stick to a 10:30 pm bedtime my blogging time has disappeared.
*I WISH all the cousins lived closer. The kids and I are still going through withdrawal having the Petersons back in Mexico. I saw this picture today and it made me laugh. We were playing the marshmallow game, where you try to see how many marshmallows you can stuff in your mouth and still be able to say "I am a cute and chubby bunny".
*I WISH all the cousins lived closer. The kids and I are still going through withdrawal having the Petersons back in Mexico. I saw this picture today and it made me laugh. We were playing the marshmallow game, where you try to see how many marshmallows you can stuff in your mouth and still be able to say "I am a cute and chubby bunny".
I wish all my nieces and nephews knew how much I loved them. Especially Deven, who is a senior in Japan, knowing that I will not be there for his graduation makes my heart a little sad. I WISH I still had my Delta flight benefits.
I WISH always to remember something I heard at Women's Conference, which really touched my heart and put things into a different perspective. Hilary Weeks said: I will have the great privilege of knowing my children as adults for eternity. But I only have the privilege of enjoying and knowing them as kids for just a short time.
I WISH always to remember something I heard at Women's Conference, which really touched my heart and put things into a different perspective. Hilary Weeks said: I will have the great privilege of knowing my children as adults for eternity. But I only have the privilege of enjoying and knowing them as kids for just a short time.
I WISH there were no weeds, therefore no guilt about not being out weeding or gardening. Yet if my wish came true, Maggie would have no WEED WISHERS and that my friends is one of the cutest things I have ever heard. As a child I always made wishes when I blew the puff balls, but I never knew they had such a clever name. Maggie you are brilliant. Keep dreaming and WISHING my dear!!!




8 comments:
Love that - weed wishers. You will deliver your baby next week! But as you know without an epidural the delivery part really hurts. Mind over matter - you will succeed! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other!
I still think you should have another real baby :) Good luck next week and what an inspiration you are! It gives me hope that someday I will be able to run farther than from one light post to the next! I have PLENTY of wishing weeds and will blow a few wishes your way, (hopefully the seeds will blow farther than back in my yard) P.S. Pac Mans birthday is next sat as well, You'll have double reason to celebrate!
Di, I love your kids and the happy way they go through life. I think the world can always use more, love, joy and laughter so my vote/wish is with Maggie's for another Baby Hyer. Promise to save a little time for me to have a nap on the couch with the new little one. I loved doing that with Monson. If I have to let go of my hopes and wishes I think that holding on to yours might just help my heart. Good luck on your current baby, the big 1/2. I will be cheering for you and Kent. You guys are so very amazing. Hugs forever and always.
The crazy lady in Mx. was so happy when she saw that you had posted!!!! My boys talk about the marshmellow thing all the time and how awesome Aunt Diana is. I have no weed wishers in my yard, but my clock does turn 11:11 twice a day. I will wish that this delivery will be speedy and with as little pain as possible. You go girl. Love ya.
I loved this post!! You are a very wise woman. And I too have loved getting to know you better on our runs/therapy sessions. Take it easy this week and I know that we'll be able to do it!! (I'm just glad that we're both on the same page with our injuries and running abilities).
Oh how I love our little Maggie! Weed wishers is a new one on me too. I get such a kick out of those kids. I'm eternally grateful that you allow me to enjoy them...spoil them...love them! Good luck to both you and Kent Sat. I will be thinking about you. Love ya, Mom H
Best of luck with your Big Race tomorrow! Thinking of you!
Love the new family pics! You guys are so cute and fun.
Post a Comment