Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Due Date...May 21st

[Circle the 21st and change the booties to running shoes]

After my second friend announced she was pregnant and due in May - I decided it was TIME TO ANNOUNCE... my "baby project"... the Ogden 1/2 Marathon!!!! Just like a pregnancy, it's totally going to take the full 9 months to get me ready!!! Unfortunately, just like morning sickness - I'm suffering from a little set back - a stress fracture in my right leg:( Here's hoping after four weeks of staying off of it, I will be up and running again. I'm getting a little antsy. During my visit to the Dr I also discovered I am extremely flat footed and am now in the market for new shoes and/or inserts. Heaven knows I need all the help I can get.... a half marathon is a HUGE, I mean Gigantic jump for me. I have to totally double the longest distance I have ever even ran before. Yikes - I get butterflies just thinking about it! However I am super excited for the challenge and having a new goal to work towards. I know I will be surrounded by lots of amazing people! Kent signed up for the full marathon, it will be his 1st and so he says "only" in honor of T . We're looking forward to running with hundreds of friends and family of the Polls. There truly is strength in numbers. It will be a marvelous sight to see everyone rallied together paying tribute to such an extraordinary and inspiring family, in memory of Travis! "T" In every sTep!!! My only goal, no matter how slow, is to run every step and cross the finish line before Kent and Mandy complete the full marathon so I can be there to cheer on two of the most inspiring people in my life.

5 comments:

Melissa Cheney said...

My heart just about came out of my chest when I saw those baby booties, girl!!! I thought you were makin' a BIG announcement of a completely different kind!

I'm actually excited to get ready for this race as well. Granted, I'm doin' the "baby" 5K race, but in my book, it'll be a marathon!!

When you're back "up and runnin' (yes, pun intended!), we'll have to go running sometime together...after the holidays!

Luv ya girl. Plan on Monson comin' to my house one morning next week. I won't take no for an answer! ;)

Jcsamgwallace said...

HEY!!! You tricked me!!!

But good for you and good luck on the whole process!

Diana said...

Hee Hee Hee! Just felt like being a little silly.

Carrie said...

You had me for a minute... funny. You are CRAZY!!!! I love running but obviously not as much as you. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I think you are Amazing but both Skyler and I think it should be baby #5 not just a 1/2 marathon. I suppose that the nine months trainning will be hard but at least with the run you won't have to raise one more teenager. Teens can be fun but sometimes a run sounds like more fun and I hate running.