Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Kids These Days are Brilliant...

Everyday my kids amaze me with something brilliant. For example McKenna's piano recital was this weekend, she wanted to invite our neighbor so all on her own she sat down to the computer and whipped up her own little invitation, complete with graphics. I was seriously impressed. She has taught me a thing or two on Microsoft. McKenna's piano teacher is always coming up with fun clever little ideas. This year she decided to do a Halloween recital and the kids got to dress up like their musical number. It made for a very entertaining evening. McKenna played "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast. She dressed up like the Maid who turned into the feather duster.
Another example of Brilliant kids...This Sunday our entire Sacrament Program was given by children. I'm not talking about the Primary Program where every child has an assigned part to memorize. These 7 children were asked personally by the Bishop, given an assigned topic "What I am doing to be like Jesus" and came up with their own talk. It was beautiful. The Spirit was so strong as they simply testified of Christ. The last few minutes were opened to all the Primary children to bare their testimony if they would like. I leaned over to McKenna and asked if she would like to go up, she said No. Then I turned to McKay and Maggie and asked if they wanted to go up, they both said No. Not even asking Moson, he eagerly stated "I Do". A bit hesitant, not knowing what he would say, I let him go up. I am so thankful I did. He taught me a powerful lesson. He climbed right up to the pulpit and proudly declared in his sweet little voice "I LOVE JESUS" and sat down. Nothing else needed to be said it was perfect. [I truly think he wanted to say more, but the loudness of the microphone startled him.] I too love Jesus and it truly comes down to just that - either I love him or I don't! The best way I can show him I love him is through my actions.

Monson loves wearing a suit and tie and looking like his "Daddy Bishop". His favorite thing is getting Jelly Beans from the Bishops office. Monson associates church clothes with Jelly Beans. Whenever Kent returns home, dressed in a white shirt and tie Monson comes running and asks for "Beans". I can't believe my baby is going to be a Sun Beam in January. He turns three tomorrow. Happy Birthday my little man. I love you!

2 comments:

Melissa Cheney said...

Happy Birthday Monson!! Glad you could hang out with us yesterday!

A funny story for you, Di. We didn't know this until last night, but apparently Monson found our gerbil's cage up in Cameron's room and thought it would be fun to let him out of the cage. When we finally discovered that Smokey was MIA, we spent an hour looking for him. Cameron thought he was lost for good until someone said a prayer. We then found him hiding in the bathroom. It was a hilarious night!

And by the way, brilliant kids come from brilliant parents. Nuff said. :-)

Diana said...

Yikes, Melissa I am so sorry for the Gerbil scare. Thanks again for helping me out.