Friday, October 15, 2010

Grandma's Promise

President Monson has counseled,
“As we touch the temple, the temple will touch us.”
Thanks to my faithful mom, listening to the counsel of her Stake President she planned a special Family Home Evening at the Bountiful Temple where the kids got to walk around and touch the temple. It was a beautiful evening and I know we were all Touched! We met at the temple, enjoyed the beautiful landscape, took individual and family pictures, touched the walls of the temple then went across the street, sat on the grass and looked up to the temple while my mom shared a simple yet powerful lesson on the importance of temples. She bore a sweet testimony, shared inspiring stories, gave each grandchild a 'Temple photo album' with a promise to take the grand kids around to different temples and take their pictures to add to their album. She even made white temple mints and delicately placed them in white boxes. With a tear in her eye she made a personal promise to each of her grandchildren that she would be at the Temple when they got married - no matter what!!! Families are Eternal! My Grandma passed away before I was married, but I know she was there with us in Spirit. Kent, who had never met my Grandma Silotti still mentions to this day how strongly he felt her presence. It was a beautiful evening. I am grateful for my forever family! [Just a funny sidenote...with all the talk of temple marriage, right in the middle of mom's devotional Monson very boldly stated "I don't want to get married" when we inquired why, he said "he wanted to live in mommy and daddy's house forever." I think it's sweet now, but hopefully he changes his mind by the time he's 30!]

2 comments:

Jcsamgwallace said...

How sweet! Now I see where you get your creativity :)

Tammy said...

Wish my kids could be a part of Mema and Papa's family home evenings they sound so awesome. I try not to be jealous. I'm sure it was an awesome night. Our mom is the best. I feel Grandma Silotti's spirit almost everytime I go to the temple.