Note to my children: Marry Well... date only those who's mothers can sew if you want your childre
n to have Easter Dresses from Grandma!!! One of my favorite childhood Easter Traditions of a beautiful Easter Dress lovingly made by Grandma has been passed on to my children, thanks to my amazingly talented mother in law. What my Grandma Steffensen use to do for me, now Grandma Hyer does for my girls. What she does for one she does for all, she even bought the boys their Easter outfits. THANK YOU MOM, I love the colors!!!Easter weekend was wonderful. Saturday morning we gathered for the Thomas [Myrt's side] Family Party. Despite the Arctic winds, we had a fun little egg hunt with cousins. My big kids love this gathering because they have 2nd cousins to hang out with.
Kunzler Cousins
Even Kent enjoyed catching up and hanging out with his cousin Tyler.
This year the Easter Bunny hide their baskets...
During our own little families Easter Egg Hunt, McKay was obsessed with finding the 'Golden Egg' which didn't even exist. He passed up perfectly good eggs in pursuit of the golden egg. He was not disappointed just focused. That evening as a perfect close to our Easter Day, we all gathered together for family scripture study and presented the kids with an Easter Surprise. McKay and McKenna received their own set (a Quad) of nice scriptures. Maggie got a golden ornament of the Bountiful temple. McKay, my little king Midas, was quick to notice that the edge of each page was gold. My heart started pounding, you know that feeling when the Holy Ghost is telling you to say something - so I did. I was able to bare my testimony, about the importance of Easter and the resurrection. Bringing to their attention, the events of the morning when McKay was looking for the 'Gold' Egg. This Easter they received the 'gold'en plates, I encouraged them to cherish, take care of and continue reading them daily. Those sacred pages contain the life and example of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. My children are truly an example to me. McKay has been waking up and reading his scriptures for over a year now. Thanks to his silent example, the girls have started to do the same. As a family we will always read our scriptures together, but I will never force them to read on their own. However I was able to testify that I truly know there is a real power that comes from reading The Book of Mormon and our family truly has been blessed. I know that my Redeemer LIVES!!! I am pleased that my children know the same. Happy Easter!




No comments:
Post a Comment