Friday, April 22, 2011

MeMe's Brides to Be...

Every year a granddaughter tea party is carefully planned, anticipated and attended by the very lucky, very blessed, very loved and very spoiled Steffensen Granddaughters: McKenna, Ainsley, Maggie, Allie, Kendall and this year Maci joined the elite group. This years theme was a BRIDAL PARTY, complete with decorations, finger foods, dress ups, handmade blue garters, pearls and bridal games. My mom collected and had on display all of our wedding dresses. I hadn't seen mine since my wedding. Six brides (Donna, Heather, Jennifer, Tammy, Diana and Kira] yet only four dresses on display. The girls had a fun time figuring that problem out. My oldest sister, Heather wore my mom's wedding dress; Jennifer and Tammy wore the same dress. I borrowed my cousin, Aubrey's dress [it was so fun to see it again] and Kira had her own beautiful gown. With five giggly girls and a sweet baby there was lots of laughter and fun as each Day Dreamed about their own special day. My mom seized the golden opportunity and talked to them about Temples and building a firm foundation now so when their time does come they are worthy to enter into the Lords house. Each received a piece of the Bountiful Temples Foundation, that my mom collected and has held onto since it was being constructed in 1990's. What a keepsake for my girls.
Here's my two beautiful princesses looking at my wedding dress. Maggie even tried it on:




Best Cousins!!!



Allie was so excited to try on Grandma's wedding dress.


A Bridal shower isn't complete without playing a few Bridal games. Ainsley and McKenna were Wedding Dress Designers for the ever so beautiful Maggie and Allie!


Clever Aunt Tammy typed up a questionnaire and had each of the girls fill it out, with random questions about their own wedding day, to be read at their official Bridal Shower. Double click on the below pictures to read their cute answers. Maggie thinks she will be 32 when she gets married and she wants to go to Golden Corral (yes, the restaurant) on her Honeymoon. She wants her wedding colors to be purple and pink. McKenna wants lime green and fuchsia pink wedding colors, to serve brownies and cupcakes at her reception, go to Hawaii on her honeymoon, she even gave me permission to go along with her and her husband. Isn't she a sweetheart? I am sure they will change their mind on a few details, but I am happy they both have their eyes set on the Temple.

Thank you MeMe for a wonderful afternoon.

We Love You!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

THAT is so amazing! Truly, your mom is incredible to come up with these darling activities and strengthen relationships and testimony with these girls' nights. I love to read about it. Does she have a handbook now after all the years and themes she's done? :)

Susan said...

Wow! What a great experience for the girls! And I LOVE the questionnaire! They will love that when the special day finally comes.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Di,
I love you!
Mom

Tammy said...

Diana, aren't we lucky to have such a wonderful mom!!!

Diana said...

Yes, I am so very blessed to have such an amazing mom. I post, so I can remember these great days, yet it is with hesitation knowing some of my dear friends and family members have lossed their cherished moms. I am very mindful and aware and pray never to offend.

Anonymous said...

I hate to try to type. I lost the first comment I did. But What a great idea. I plan to copy it. was plannin to have a party & now I will try your great idea. Thanks so much for it!!
Jo Ann Poulsen Photography, A Utah Professional Portrait Photgrapher