[I know, I know you are all waiting for my version of the Ogden Marathon, (I can't believe it's almost been a month) sorry you will just have to wait. :) Believe me, I have lots to say and am eager to post pictures. So stay tuned, it is my goal this week. Lets just say the entire past month has been one long marathon, with lots of family events to post ... So to my sweet Tammy, alas I am back to blogging. Just easing into things starting with the most current and working my way back.]
Thi
s Saturday Kent and I both did the Triathlon up on Base. We had a great time. The best part was crossing the finish line together. I had NO idea Kent was right behind me, until I heard him yell out "Go Diana". Actually, I finished 1 second ahead of him, but his overall time was 11 minutes faster than mine. I am just thrilled he didn't pass me. With it being in a pool, they started swimmers 20 seconds apart according to their 100 meter turned in swim time. Due to our assigned line up, I was 35,he 67, I started the swim before him, held my own on the bike and he caught me on the run. But I did make him work for it. He saw me about a half mile out, running my slow normal pace and thought he would catch up to me, grab my hand and cross the finish line together. That would of been dreamy. But when I heard someone right behind me I started sprinting, I didn't know it was him. But now I am paying for it. My right leg is still giving me problems. I hadn't run since the 1/2 marathon, taking the past 3 weeks off. Darn leg... Oh well, it was worth it. We had a good time. A Saturday morning well spent together, doing something we both love. Kent did awesome on his swim. I wish I could of seen him. His swimming has really improved over the past year. I tell ya he is a natural! He will be doing an IronMan before I know it. It is on his bucket list to do before he is 40. Baby steps though, we both want to do an Olympic Tri next. Kent is looking to do one late summer [I'm not there yet] and I am going to be his number one fan, supporter and cheerleader!!! That's one thing I am sad about, when he ran the marathon I wasn't along the route cheering him on. I love attending any racing event, the synergy is contagious.
Our good buddy Nelson also did the tri. Kent and Nelson have been friends since Jr. High. They both work up on base and are both currently serving as Bishops. The below picture is actually of the two of us last year. I had to include it because it is a more realistic picture of Nelson. He is always pulling some silly face in pictures. He must of been too tried in the above shot, he had just finished the Olympic Distance just minutes before.
Below are a few of my swimming buddies. We swim every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6 to 7 am. It was out of our realm to compete on Dry Land together.

I love having connections to Hill. I think it is awesome that they put on these events for minimal cost on behalf of the Military. I love being able to work out for free and another perk we get to enjoy is free Saturday Afternoon Movies at the base theater. After the Tri we took the kids to go see Mars Needs Moms. I now have a new favorite movie. I loved it!!!
Thi
Below are a few of my swimming buddies. We swim every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6 to 7 am. It was out of our realm to compete on Dry Land together.I love having connections to Hill. I think it is awesome that they put on these events for minimal cost on behalf of the Military. I love being able to work out for free and another perk we get to enjoy is free Saturday Afternoon Movies at the base theater. After the Tri we took the kids to go see Mars Needs Moms. I now have a new favorite movie. I loved it!!!




5 comments:
yay!!! Congrats Diana and gang. I'm so excited for you!!
Way to go!! Man I wish I could have done that with you. It is funny seeing the swimmers out of the pool I barely recognized them fully clothed.
You rock! How Cool that Kent was right behind you. I'm doing another tri in Sept- you ought to join me. ;)
You are amazing. To think 2 years ago you hated the thought of running. The crazy things we do when we start to get old.
Good Job! It was so fun seeing you in Ogden, you definitely were too fast for my camera! That cracks me up that you sprinted away from Kent! HAHAHA! Who needs a romantic ending anyway?!
Post a Comment