
Here's a little Thanksgiving humor... This is how McKay showed up to his basketball game last week. Yep, that's right green Leprechaun socks pulle

d up to his knee. Only in McKay's mind they were Pilgrims and he just wanted to make people smile. I must admit, I tried to get him to change his socks. Not to damper his holiday spirit but it wasn't exactly St Patricks Day or proper sport's attire. After a few failed attempts he must of sensed my embarrassment and sincerely asked "Do you think people will laugh at me?" I hesitated for a moment while my mind and heart were quickly learning yet another lesson from my six year old then replied "No, people will SMILE at you". Why should I make him conform when all he wanted to do was share a little holiday cheer. So what if they were actually Leprechauns and not a Pilgrim- according to McKay and his selection of holiday socks they are one in the same - both have top hats with big brass buckles, beards and knickers. I am so thankful for McKay and his spunk. Happy Thanksgiving!
Tomorro

w I leave for Panama. I wish I could bring my little fam with me. My heart actually hurts, I sure am going to miss you. You'll be in my daily thoughts and prayers. I love you all - thanks for sharing me with my sisters. I am excited for the bonding time. I promise to post pictures of our adventures. Thank you Kent for being Mr. Mom, you are incredible. I am so thankful, blessed and lucky to have you. Have a wonderful week. Good Luck McKenna and LB at the talent show. I am so sad I will not be there to cheer you on. Have fun - I am way proud of you.
5 comments:
I hadn't ever noticed the similarities between pilgrims and leprechauns. I totally agree, thanks for pointing that out McKay!
Aww McKay... what a cute boy! Hope you are having a blast in Panama. Thanks again for your sweet offer before you left. You are so thoughtful.
Panama would be awesome! I wish us adults could be more like kids and just be ourselves and make people smile without worrying if people will think we are weird.
Cute innocent children...wish they never grew up. At first I thought Mckay was going to wear them for luck!
Diana, your good bye to your kids nearly made me cry...you are such a great mom! Have fun on your vacation and take a billion photos to share with us all!
Miss you Diana! Hope you are having a good time! Just so you know, Kent got McKenna to piano on time - she had practiced, her clothes matched, she was super cute, and even her hair was done nicely. The hair thing alone would have been impossible for John. I'm really impressed Kent!
Post a Comment