Kent did more than just change diapers - he changed little Monson world. It's official he's now a Daddy's Boy an
d Kent could not be prouder. Whenever Kent walks into the room Monson instantly reaches out for him, however this morning sealed the deal. Monson was an early riser so Kent brought him into bed to snuggle with me. However the second he laid him next to me and attempted to leave the room to get ready for work Monson started crying until Dad came to his rescue. Once in his Daddy's arms the crying stopped. With a beaming smile these were Kent's exact words "Now you know how I felt the 1st few days you were gone. Monson would just look up at me with eyes saying you're not my mommy". Not anymore -now they are best buds.
After being home for two days all truths have been revealed... they stayed up late almost every night, bought school lunch all week, didn't have to wear socks with their crocs even when it was cold outside and were spoiled rotten by the grandparents. Now mom's back and my rules apply - bedtime, school lunch only twice a week and socks must be worn. We are making progress on this transition. In all honesty, I returned to a nice clean house, four happy kids and one Thankful husband. Kent enjoyed himself until this weekend when he, Monson and McKay all came down with the flu. Thanks mom for coming to his rescue, I am so sorry you got sick too. I am thankful for amazing neighbors, friends and family that all helped out while I was gone.
The best part about being gone was being missed. I LOVED being greeted at the airport by four sleepy kids (mind you my flight came in at midnight). Hearing Kent say "I'm a bit jealous of you being able to stay home with the kids all day. It was fun, however I have a better understanding of how busy you stay. I was lucky to get the dishes done or a load of laundry started before having to be somewhere else. Forget doing anything for yourself until at least 11pm." The best was Maggie: "Mom, on the way to pick you up from the airport the hearts around my middle heart were so happy." I truly am a blessed women. I have much to be Thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.




5 comments:
That's it, as soon as John graduates I'm heading out of town for a week! I would love for him to walk in my shoes for a while. He wouldn't last a day. So glad you made it back safely!
Sweet words! Glad you are back - can't wait to hear about the adventures!
My 3 boys have always been daddy's boys. At church I laugh at Larry because he wants his room and I want to cuddle with my kids but they are on his lap or right up against him and I'm all alone with Tierra. Isn't it true, we have a certain way and time we want things done but dad's just do things their way and the kids survive anyway. (and have more fun!) ha ha
that quote from Maggie is one of the cutest things I have ever heard!
I'm glad things went well for kent. He is an awesome dad and husband!
Diana,
That whole blog was just so sweet...It brought tears to my eyes. What an experiance of a life time for you. I wish my kids would be a little more daddys kids so i can get a little more done around the house. Hailee gets major seperation angziety.
Post a Comment