Monday, March 10, 2008

"Don't Sit In The Audience of Life"

I dedicate my first personal post to my sister-in-law Kira who introduced me into the world of blogging many moons ago and to Anais Nin, a French Writer to whom I have no clue who she is. But her quote inspired me to take the plunge ..."Don’t sit in the Audience of Life". I truly have enjoyed reading many of my family and friend's blogs. I have laugh and cried with many of you, with out you even knowing. It truly is a great way to stay connected. So here I go... welcome to the world of cyberspace. Truth be known, this is the one thing that has held me back. It freaks me out that I am posting my life for all the world to see. Sorry Honey, if this comes back to haunt us. But going back to the words of Anais Nin... "The day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom". We have a great life together and a wonderful story to share. So here's to all our friends and family scattered all over the world, have fun checking in on the Happenings of the Hyers. I think I am going to like this whole blogging thing because it combines two of my greatest passions- taking pictures and keeping a journal.

To The Past, Present and Future I dedicate this Blog.
To the past because I came out of it
To the present because I live in it
To the future because my children shall inherit it. (I'll try not to embarrass you to severely)

2 comments:

The Steffensen's said...

Yeah! I love it. One of my favorite things about blogging is even people like us who feel computer-illiterate can make what looks like a professional page. You did an awesome job and I love the picture of my littls Monts! (Okay I figured out the comment thing!)

The Ray Reader said...

You are so good with words. I love reading everyones blogs, but it makes me realize what a wordy person I am not, that is ok, I till just keep doing what I am good at. I love ya and we do need to get together soon.