Monday, March 17, 2008

Lucky Days!!!


Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! Today happens to be one of my favorite holidays. Perhaps it is because it is so close to mine and Kent's birthday (mine two days before and Kent's two days after) or that green is my favorite color. Who knows the reason, but I love any excuse for a party. Some of my favorite childhood memories are of St. Patty's Day. My mom would make green pancakes for breakfast and for dinner a complete green meal... green mashed potatoes, green rolls, green jello and green kool-aid. We loved it. However the last three years, thanks to good friends sharing their tradition with us, I have had the authentic Irish meal of Corn Beef and Cabbage. To my surprise I love it and look forward to it every year. The Luck of the Irish was on Kent's side today. He won our friendly competition of wishing the other person Happy ___ (whatever the holiday) first. Ever since we have been married (12 years in July) we have had this competition going on.... as soon as the clock strikes midnight it is fair game- the race is on. Today he claimed his victory at 6:30am when I walked in from swimming. I so could of won this morning if I had been on the ball, being that I was up at 4am feeding Monson My favorite is when one of us wakes up in the middle of the night and freaks the other person out by shaking them awake only to wish them Happy ___. Or when I stay up late counting down the minutes to my next victory. It is not uncommon for Kent and I to race for the 12:01 claim to fame. I can't believe I let my guard down today- I will redeem myself Easter Morning. For the record this was Kent's 1st victory in 2008. However I am a gracious loser and will admit Kent claimed the over all title of 2007. Way to go Kent!!! Happy St. Patrick's Day! A year ago today we made the Big Announcement to our families that Baby Hyer #4 was on his way. How quickly the time flies by.

4 comments:

laceemo3 said...

Sounds like alot of fun around there for St Pattys Day. Craig thinks its a cursed day he has had some really bad luck for like three years in a row on that day so we are very careful on this day....lol a little supersticious. BTW Baillee met with the Bishop for the first time on Sunday and loved it. Tell him thanks for us.

Michelle said...

I'm glad you are blogging! I think it's a fun way to see a whole new side of friends! You're pictures of your family are darling.

Nicole said...

Kennedy was so excited she picked out a green outfit for everyone and then kept asking when everyone was coming over for the party. I tried to explain that it is not that kind of holiday and no one was coming over. My mom had a St. Patricks Day Sunday dinner so I think she was expecting that from me.

Diana said...

Come on Nicole - of course it is a major celebration/Holiday. You better redeem yourself next year.:)