Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sisters by Chance Friends by Choice

These are my amazing sisters. Heather lives in Evanston, Jenn in Virginia, Tammy in Panama. This picture was taken a few years ago when we went on a sisters and mom trip to Boston. Nothing like reminiscing about the good old days. Right now I'm suffering from a little sister withdrawal. For the most part I get use to having them all away, but when they come home for a visit I spend every possible moment with them and then when it is time to say good-bye I get the dreaded pit in my stomach. Over Easter weekend two of my sisters came in town. It was a short visit, but it was so fun to be together. The Rupps. got to meet Monson for the first time. My kids were in cousin heaven. We played all day long. Monday, we had fun at Grandma's house just playing out side. My mom has a magically sandbox- she hides treasures in the sand and the kids spend hours digging for them. It has become a fun tradition at her house. Tuesday we discover Classic Fun Skating. I'd never been there before, but I know I will for sure be returning. The kids had a blast and the price was very reasonable for unlimited skating and the bouncy toys. So if anyone is interested just let me know. I'm happy to say that yesterday I booked my plane ticket to Washington DC for Kent's graduation, which means only two more months and then I get to see my sister Jennifer again.
A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty



Having fun with the cousins in Meme's magically sandbox
& roller skating!!!

7 comments:

laceemo3 said...

My kids love classic skating too. Bailee ecspecialy! Just wait befor you know it your girls will be skating the snowball with some cute boy.....Watch Out

Jenny Kapp said...

I felt the same way this week. Lisa was in town with her kids from Colorado. It is always fun to get together and just hang. It is also fun to see how much kids love their cousins! So much fun, so little time together. I guess that is why we e-mail, blog, phone each other almost daily!

Angie said...

Wow you blog every day, you really do love to journal. I admire you for being so understanding about having your sisters far from you. I couldn't handle it myself. My sister lived in Minnesota for 2 years and all I did was nag at her to come home. I hated every day she was there. Anyway, call me for your next Classic date and we'll take Brooks & Maggie. I told Brooks that we need to ask her over cuz I think they would have fun together. He talks about Maggie alot too.

Diana said...

well ladies- thanks for the understanding of sister withdrawl. Now I know who to call when I just need sister time. Luckily I have amazing sister-in-laws close by. Angie- it's a date... let's just set the time. Perhaps they can skate the snowball together.

Nicole said...

I don't have any sisters but when I hear how close people are with their sisters it makes me wish I had. I didn't mind it in high school but now I have my own wish I had sisters withdrawal.

Aleesha said...

I wish I had sister withdrawals too. I have to admit this post made me a little jealous. I guess I need to learn to be grateful for what I have; like my 8 wonderful sister-in-laws, my wonderful mother-in-law, and let's not forget, the light of my life, Little Miss Maya.

Let me know when ya'll are going to Classic. My boys would probably love it.

GINGER said...

Hey Diana. I told you I post a comment, so you could find me. I am so excited to find other blogs. I feel for you with the sister withdrawl. All my family lives close, except my little sis lives in Vegas. She was here for Easter, and I think now I am missing her more because I got a taste of having her here again for a little while.