Mother Nature's Playing Tricks
Mother Nature played a mean April Fools joke on Maggie. Due to the yucky weather her preschool field trip to the Ogden Nature Center was canceled. Poor Maggie. The way I look at it - if you can't bet 'em... join em'. So in honor of this crazy weather I'm posting my favorite winter picture of Maggie. (It was taken just in our front yard- yes, we had snow piles large enough to slide down). McKay also got tricked. Today was suppose to be his first Soccer game. He was so excited trying on his cleats this morning. Kent broke the news to him and my happy go lucky boy handled it just fine. Here's hoping we're all out on the sunny soccer field on Thursday. As far as April Fools Day, I won the race between Kent and I wishing Happy ___. But I must admit defeat - he claimed the title on Easter. 2008 is a close race. My thoughts of the big April Fools Day... I wish I was a better jokester. I can never think of anything. As a child an on going tradition was someone putting a rubber band around the sink sprayer so when you turned the water on you got totally soaked. I thought about it this morning, but refrained - I didn't think Kent would appreciate it as he was running out the door for work. But all of a sudden I am feeling a bit mischievous, right now he is at a meeting so maybe I will set it up. My luck he won't even turn the sink on tonight and then I will have a rude awakening tomorrow morning. The best part of April Fools Day, with Easter being in March this year, is that all the BIG CANDY holidays are finally over. Hooray... I have zero self control and it seems like we have had a constant flow of candy in our house since Halloween. The worst part is that I regulate the kids candy, keep it out of their sight, but then I am always sneaking into it. It's officially that time of year to start thinking about fitting into the old swim suit :( :)
6 comments:
I'm anxious to get rid of all the candy, too. Crazy how much piles up when you have so many little ones, huh! But I'm with you, I end up eating more of it than my kids do...
I just put the candy out and Chris eats it all! That is a much better way to get rid of it! I always want to do something funny too, but I never have any funnies!
I don't think you need to worry about fitting in your swim suit. You are probably smaller than you were before having Monson.
Amen, to the candy holidays being over. I can't control my extreme love for candy.
Boo for this lame weather! However, that is a super cute picture of Mags!!!
Diana! It has been so fun looking at your blog and "catching up" I love seeing how your family has grown and changed. I miss you!
Post a Comment