Hello to any locals reading this today... I'm putting a plug in for the Stake's musical production of Joseph Smith, The Prophet. McKenna and I went tonight - it was INCREDIBLE! Tomorrow Saturday 4/19 is their last performance - go if you can. It was a wonderful evening. They did an amazing job. The music was absolutely beautiful and strengthen my testimony of what a truly remarkable man Joseph Smith was. It was exactly what I needed, just when I was having a "woe is me" down day I attend this performance and was reminded of how truly blessed I am. No matter what I am asked to do or sacrifice it will never compare to what the early saints had to endure. One statement was from Parley P. Pratt recalling his good-bye to his wife prior to leaving for Liberty Jail. She was sick in bed with a horrible fever, nursing a 3 month old and had a little five year old snuggled in bed with her. Not knowing if they would ever see each other again they part knowing their faith would get them through. Wow, they were strong people. Emma Smith sang a priceless song about losing her young children. Talk about tear jerker. It made me think of many of my good friends and family that have had to face the challenge of burying their babies. One line went something like this... 'to precious for mortal touch'. The soloist were dressed in costume and each song had a slide show corresponding with it. The pictures were so touching and the music so powerful. The entire evening was well worth the $ paid out in babysitting fees. Honestly, I want as many people to go as possible so I'm offering FREE babysitting Saturday Night, give me a call, drop the kids off and enjoy a nice night out. I loved my date. She was such good company. It was wonderful spending the evening with McKenna, we had a Mommy Daughter Date. She thought she was pretty cool because the performance was for those eight and older, afterwards we went out for ice cream. It was nice just to have that one on one time. Don't get me wrong I am thankful for my four children, but nights like tonight make me think that having an only child has it's perks. Often times I feel like I am going crazy just keeping my head above water that I don't get t0 enjoy them individually. I guess that's why I am such a firm believer in special time. I love taking the kids out on dates. It's fun having her grow up and be able to enjoy such a nice evening together. Wow, my baby is going to be baptized this summer. Where has the time gone?
2 weeks ago




3 comments:
I am so glad you found me too. I've been amazed at what people i've been able to track down just since i started blogging a few weeks ago. Yeah, Leslie is an AMAZING person. We grew up in the same ward together. I don't know if you read her blog but I don't think i could ever be as strong as her. I'm so glad we are able to connect. Your family is ADORABLE!!! Glad to be a part of it ;)
Dates with your kids are so fun arent they. they love it and it is so good to have the time with them. BTW sorry im not going to be able to go to womens conference.
Wish I had seen this post. I totally would have taken you up on the free babysitting! Thanks for the compliment. Maggie was adorable on Sunday even in bare feet. She is so sweet and kind to the other kids. I wish she wouldn't have been shy because I know she prepared. I had to bribe Taylor the week before to do her talk. It worked too! I'm not above that.
BTW - I hate dirt - Matt hates clutter. That equals one clean house.
Post a Comment