Thursday, April 24, 2008

Highlights...

Three hours and counting, until we pick Kent up from the airport. He's been gone for 2 1/2 weeks. Although he had a good time in Europe, I know he missed us and hates being away for so long. So I decided to post a few of the kids highlights -that way when he sits down to the computer to catch up on all the bills he can take a peek and catch up on his top priority- us...
Big milestone for McKenna was performing in the school talent show. She decided to show off a few of her gymnastic skills. It is something she has wanted to do since kindergarten and finally got the nerve up. I am so proud of her. I do not know who was more nervous, her or I. The morning of, she had a few butterflies so we said a little prayer asking Heavenly Father to please help her not to be nervous and to do a good job. Right after she asked: "Will Heavenly Father put his hand under my back so I don't fall doing my double back hand spring?" I replied: "I'm not sure how that all works, but I know -if you do fall his hand will be out stretched ready to help you up and keep going". Her prayer was answered - She did fabulous!!! I was so proud of her. There is no way I would of ever volunteered at her age to be in front of everyone, not then not now. She tumbled around to the Music of Tarzan, Trashin' the Camp. Way to go McKenna. Below is a picture of her drinking her good luck soda pop - just a little something to get the energy going...
McKay has been busy playing soccer and reading. He completed his last book in the green series. He is now reading his teacher's Clifford Books. Wednesday he brought his 1st Clifford book home so we had a RED party - complete with red jello, red juice, red chili and a new red shirt and his old Clifford stuff animal was used as our center piece. Way to go McKay.
Sunday, Maggie gave her 1st talk in primary. Well actually I gave the talk. She practiced all week long, had it memorized, however she is my bashful one and unfortunately the Sunday morning crazy rush, did not help out. Right as we were leaving Monson was in need of a major diaper change so I yelled to the kids to get in the car. Needless to say it wasn't until I saw Maggie walking across the parking lot barefooted that I realize she has no shoes on. How embarrassing- but we were already running late and she had the talk, so we arrived looking like a white trash family. Good thing she is so dang cute. Her talk went a little like this...
Holding up a picture of President Monson she said "This is our new prophet Thomas S. Monson. (She was very particular that we say his full name, in fact she corrected me when I said her talk) During General Conference I stood in my living room, raised my hand and said I will follow the prophet. I love him. " Over the past 2 weeks we have had lots of three year old moments with Maggie. Top on the list was sticking a bead up her nose and the whole ordeal of trying to get it out. To this day she says she did not put it up there it just happened. Everyday is an adventure. Today she looked so cute wearing her hair in pony tails. Unfortunately, she is not fond of her curls and wants her hair straight like Kenna.
The sad thing about Kent traveling so much is all the little things that he misses out on, especially with Monson. Babies grow and change so fast - Monson mastered sitting up all by himself and entered the world of oatmeal- yummy.

This morning Kenna disappeared with him for quite sometime when she returned he was wearing her Build-a-bear clothes (I know blackmail picture). Kenna said Monson was Cupid and that he was going to make Mom and Dad fall instantly in love at the airport. I replied, Kenna I already love your Dad and she said I know but this is going to make you run up to him and give him a great big kiss. So how did I do honey? I missed you -welcome home.

Monson posing as Cupid - outfit exclusively designed by McKenna


9 comments:

Jess said...

Diana....email me. Jzauggphoto@yahoo.com Jessica(maisey) zaugg

Becky A said...

Diana, you have awesome kids! I feel like I know you so well, but not your babies. I loved reading about all of their little milestones. Sounds like you will have alot to celebrate when Daddy gets home! Loved the white-trash family at church and Monson's little cupid outfit! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Di,
Your family is adorable! Thanks for linking me up to your blog. Will mark it and check back often!

Jenny Kapp said...

Cute! I hope you had a good reunion! Sorry to interrupt the reunion last night - at least the kids were still up so I know I didn't interrupt the important stuff!!!

Anonymous said...

Diana, I swear you are super mom. I don't know how you do it! Your kids are so lucky to have you and Kent for parents! I'm so glad you started blogging, aren't you? SOOOOO CUTE!

Diana said...

Mandy, did you miss the part about being the white trash family, I bet you've never had a child show up to church without shoes- I am far from super mom, but thanks for the boost. Love ya!

The Close's Place said...

That is a pretty big bear if your son can fit in it's clothes. But I do appreciate the 80's mid drift look.

Sarah B said...

You are the real deal, Diana! Please ask me for more help next time your hubby is out of town. I bet you're so glad he's home.

The Steffensen's said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of Mr. Monts. Man he can pull of anything:)