We had a wonderful Easter Weekend. The Easter Bunny came a day early so that we could enjoy all the fun, SILLY things of Easter... the egg hunts, CANDY, dying eggs, Easter baskets, etc - allowing Sunday to be a day of Spiritual celebration in remembrance of our Savior Jesus Christ. This was our second year doing it this way and have decided to make it a tradition. I love it because it makes all the festivities last even longer. Not only did the Easter Bunny visit our home -thanks to Kenna actively wiggling her tooth all day we had a visit from The Tooth Fairy as well. Kenna is starting to look like the toothless wonder, she lost two teeth in one week. Ironically her other tooth fell out on St. Patrick'sDay. We had fun attending all the family parties and visiting with those we love. Saturday afternoon Kent had the opportunity to perform his first wedding (for those that may not be aware Kent is currently serving as Bishop in our church) for our good friends Tricia and John Garvin. Tricia's wedding bouquet was a beautiful arrangement of Easter Lillys. Kent referred to them as being symbolic of their new life together taking place during this beautiful Easter season. He did a wonderful job. Let's just say, I was very honored to be his wife. Kent doesn't typically get nervous to talk in front of people, but the entire day he was very antsy. It was a testimony to both of us- that the covenant of Marriage is a very serious thing and truly is ordained of God. I am thankful to be married to my best friend and enjoy the blessings of the temple in our life. (Just a funny little side note- as we were dropping the kids off at Grandma's house, I asked the kids if they knew where we were going, they figured it was a church meeting since we were all dressed up. I said "Daddy is going to Marry Someone". Kenna's eyes got big with concern and said "really"? For a moment she was confused as to why he was getting married to someone else. After we clarified the situation she starting singing "Eat, Drink and get Married" confusing it with the scripture/saying of "Eat, Drink and be Merry". Kids truly say the cutest things.) We have so much to be thankful for during this beautiful Easter Season. Our first Daffodil of the Season opened up Easter Day. It was a wonderful and welcomed surprise.
Monday, March 24, 2008
A Weekend of New Beginnings
We had a wonderful Easter Weekend. The Easter Bunny came a day early so that we could enjoy all the fun, SILLY things of Easter... the egg hunts, CANDY, dying eggs, Easter baskets, etc - allowing Sunday to be a day of Spiritual celebration in remembrance of our Savior Jesus Christ. This was our second year doing it this way and have decided to make it a tradition. I love it because it makes all the festivities last even longer. Not only did the Easter Bunny visit our home -thanks to Kenna actively wiggling her tooth all day we had a visit from The Tooth Fairy as well. Kenna is starting to look like the toothless wonder, she lost two teeth in one week. Ironically her other tooth fell out on St. Patrick'sDay. We had fun attending all the family parties and visiting with those we love. Saturday afternoon Kent had the opportunity to perform his first wedding (for those that may not be aware Kent is currently serving as Bishop in our church) for our good friends Tricia and John Garvin. Tricia's wedding bouquet was a beautiful arrangement of Easter Lillys. Kent referred to them as being symbolic of their new life together taking place during this beautiful Easter season. He did a wonderful job. Let's just say, I was very honored to be his wife. Kent doesn't typically get nervous to talk in front of people, but the entire day he was very antsy. It was a testimony to both of us- that the covenant of Marriage is a very serious thing and truly is ordained of God. I am thankful to be married to my best friend and enjoy the blessings of the temple in our life. (Just a funny little side note- as we were dropping the kids off at Grandma's house, I asked the kids if they knew where we were going, they figured it was a church meeting since we were all dressed up. I said "Daddy is going to Marry Someone". Kenna's eyes got big with concern and said "really"? For a moment she was confused as to why he was getting married to someone else. After we clarified the situation she starting singing "Eat, Drink and get Married" confusing it with the scripture/saying of "Eat, Drink and be Merry". Kids truly say the cutest things.) We have so much to be thankful for during this beautiful Easter Season. Our first Daffodil of the Season opened up Easter Day. It was a wonderful and welcomed surprise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




12 comments:
This post drove me crazy. For some reason my pictures kept doing funky things. Oh well, life goes on.
We have that same tradition of the Easter Bunny on Saturday and the spiritual Easter on Sunday.
I try really hard to make sure that our Sunday celebration of the Savior's resurrection is as or more fun than the Easter Bunnies celebration. We hide our kids Sunday clothes and a children's book about the resurrection for them to find Sunday morning. Just an idea for next year I thought I'd pass along. Now I can tell Taylor that the Easter Bunny comes early to the Hyers house as well. Although she never complains to get her basket a day early.
I am loving hearing about everyone's easter celebrations and how they keep them spiritual. what great parents you and kent are. cute pictures, i love kids easter clothes, that is my favorite thing to do for my kids on easter, pretty clothes for church. see you tonight!
BTW - it was nice to see a picture of Maggie since I have seen her in a couple of weeks! One more and she is on the inactive roster. ha ha. Really I miss her so send her soon.
I think we might start the Saturday tradition. I would have done it this year but we didn't do shopping until Saturday night. Next year I will be on the ball more. I bet Kent did a great job.
You always do the funnest things for holidays. You are a great mom!
Personally, I love the picture montage. So fun to see all the cuties!
Erin- you uncovered my secret plan to get on the inactive list - isn't that when the cookies start coming??? Honestly, it's good to know she was missed. What I am really missing are your cute little handouts -FHE hasn't been the same without them.
One would think cookies would come after 3 weeks but Matt has missed way more than that I he hasn't received any so I wouldn't hold your breath. I do have a fish bowl for her though. I will bring it by when I have time to drive all the way over there.
It was good to hear from you & nice to see what you've been up to. Your family has grown a lot since we moved! I'm glad we'll be able to keep in touch better now.
Erin... I'll be right over with cookies for Matt. The poor guy. Let him know he is still invited to ward temple night tonight at 6:30pm, rootbeer floats after at our house.
Cute pictures. Can't believe how big Monson is (glad to see him wearing my favorite PJS). I guess Maggie will have two purple easter dresses coming in the next few years. My little diva loves her purple.
Post a Comment