12 kids in
12 years, That's pretty amazing. A week ago today we were on our way home from the Pioneer Trek. Best three days I have had in a long time. We were Ma and Pa to
7 amazing youth,
1 baby doll whom we named Gidgiddoni, plus the
4 we left behind, that makes us the proud parents of
12. It was an incredible experience. We are better people for having gone. I came home with a

deeper appreciation for the pioneers. Our pioneer family was the best. We hit it off great right from the sta
rt. We all rallied around to accomplish any task before us. The youth of this stake are remarkable. I have no fear for the future leaders of tomorrow. Spending three days with them made me realize how much I love and miss working with the youth. For the 1st time, I can honestly say I am excited for my own children's teenage years. We had a wonderful time. We laughed, we cried, we talked, we walked, we pulled, we pushed and we gained a stronger testimony. What I gained most was seeing how the pioneer's trials and struggles parallel our challenges of today. They were challenged physically, but we are every bit as much challenged spiritually. Just as they had to watch out for the wolves that followed the trail, awaiting their dead President Crittenden warned that there are spiritual wolves always lurking and to avoid them at all cost. Spiritual death is more detrimental than physical death. I love the quote by Francis Webster who was apart of the Martin Handcart Company - "The Price we paid to become acquainted with God was a privilege to pay". Yes, their sacrifice was extreme but they gave everything they had to follow the prophet and come to Zion. So I ask myself and each of you... What are we willing to give up/sacrifice in order to become more acquainted and closer with God? This question has been on my mind since I returned. I rededicated myself to reading the Book of Mormon. I love the promise in the introduction of the B.O.M "...a man would get nearer to God by abiding by it's precepts, than by any other book." So the mornings that I am too tried to get up I say to myself : 'I am willing to give up my sleep to become closer to God. I roll out of bed and take a few quite moments to read and reflect before the chaos begins. I also came home from Trek with a better appreciation for the Priesthood and the strength I receive from it. I am glad I do not have to stand alone. This really hit home when our family participated in a little role play -Kent and three of our kids were labeled as 'dead', they were not allowed to help push or pull the handcart. They had to walk silently behind. At first I did not look back, but after struggling to cross a tight bridge and trudging up a hill I glance back at Kent, just his simple smile gave me strength. I know that we are never alone. Heavenly Father and all of our loved ones who have passed on are right with us - silently cheering us on. Thanks Babe for all you do. Happy Anniversary! I LOVED going on TREK with you and getting to play Ma and Pa to 7 amazing kids. Thanks for your example, friendship and Love.

5 comments:
I am glad you had a great experience. So fun!
Great pictures, Diana! I'm glad you had a good time. Sounds like it was an awesome experience!
Kent and you are such troopers. I bet those kids loved having you guys as a Ma and Pa.
I was just thinking today that the pioneers would just have loved a pair of sunglasses- I'll bet you pondered on all those marvels at trek.
I was on trek too. July 8-12. They asked my to photograph the event for them. What an wonderful time we had. Hard but really great.
-jess
that is great about mona you should call me
807-8546 then take my number off please.
Post a Comment