ICE CREAM PARTY @ THE HYER'S
Stop by between 7-9pm
The big day has arrived... we are way excited to eat lots of yummy ice cream with friends and family tonight. The kids woke up asking how many more hours until the party.
Stop by between 7-9pm
The big day has arrived... we are way excited to eat lots of yummy ice cream with friends and family tonight. The kids woke up asking how many more hours until the party.
A few have asked how we won... below is the entry I submitted - it had to be 350 words or less "As to why my neighborhood deserved an ice cream party":
As a child I grew up in a neighborhood with an amazing man, with a huge heart, who just wanted to spread good cheer. Every year he and his family hosted an ice cream party. He set up an ice cream stand on his front porch and all were invited. The sidewalks in front of his house and down the street were lined with kids’ young and old waiting their turn. We kids, turned into teenagers and still lined up, then off to college, married and returning with kids of our own, year after year. I always looked forward to those summer days and that is why I want to create these memories for my own children and neighborhood. We built our home five years ago, that first summer we held our first Ice cream Cone Party. Ironically it was in 2003 which just happened to be the 100th year of the ice cream cone – a perfect excuse for a party. We delivered flyers inviting everyone to the 100th Birthday Party of the Ice cream Cone. It has become an annual tradition. The first year neighbors were a bit hesitant and not sure if the party was intended for them, however after a few encouraging knocks on their doors, from my eager children they came out to visit and have returned every year. Our neighborhood is amazing! We are very diversified, but find unity in our love for ice cream, which brings us together. Right now my children are young (7 months to 8 years), they love running the flyers around, it warms my heart when they ask for more invites - somehow our neighbor hood boundaries seem to grow a little bit bigger each year and I love it. Reaching out and making everyone feel included and welcomed is such a wonderful quality to instill at an early age, thank you for believing in this same ideal and promoting such a perfect and fun opportunity. Dreyers, pretty please help our tradition continue by helping us celebrate in style this year!!
LUCKY DAYS we won - THANKS DREYERS -
so come help us CELEBRATE!!!




10 comments:
can't wait! I can see why you won...good job!
Wow! I haven't checked your blog in a while and today seems like the BEST day to check! Ice cream party????? My kids would go crazy for ice cream!
How was the Trek? I really hope that Jake and I can do that one year!
here is my e-mail. Thanks for letting us come to your ice cream party. It was so fun! michelle.pohlman@us.army.mil
The Ice cream party was great. What a fun way to get all of your neighbors together. I believe it tops our Christmas Cookie parties for attendance. You have the perfect front Yard for all the fun. I think you should hug your sweetheart today and tell him thanks for the beautiful home he built.
I love you tons have fun in Yellowstone!
Love your Wyoming sis.
P.S. I know that you had a lot to do with making your house a home too. "oh boy" do I ever remember paint chips, carpet and floor samples, tiles, counter tops, the list goes on and on and on and on.... But what you and Kent do best is the love with in the walls of that house and how it touches all who surround you.
I love you
Diana...that was so fun lat night! Good times Girl...Thank you!
That has got to be an anual tradition! This Morning Molly asked if we could go back to the ice cream house tonight!
You seriously have to be one of the nicest most genuine people....
P.s. glad to finally meet Kent!
WHoa they really need a spell check on the comment section....
Thanks so much Diana!! We had a blast...
good times, diana! Thank you so much!
dang!! ice cream party? and i missed it?
I know, I know, I still owe you one! Just waiting to be told when to take you:)
Can't wait to see pictures of trek!
Dang! I missed it! I should be keeping better tabs on you! That's so cool you won the contest- congrats! I remember you having an ice cream party when we lived in South Weber, that was really fun!
Post a Comment