Saturday, July 26, 2008

Yellowstone

I always love a good get away with the family. This time we went to Yellowstone and had a wonderful time. Just after being there a few days there is no question in my mind why President Roosevelt was so passionate about preserving such a remarkable place. I am so thankful for his foresight in establishing National Parks. Around every corner there was a new adventure and breath taking few. We discovered that Yellowstone is the best place to play the licence Plate Game. We found 45 of the 50 states. Pretty impressive, but not really if you consider people from all over the world are drawn to such a magnificent place. We loved being surrounded by all of God's beautiful masterpieces. Hope you enjoy the view...
Some memorable moments:
Maggie being "Face to Face with a Buffalo"
Kenna capturing a beautiful double rainbow on camera
McKay constantly asking "When do we get to see 'Sure is Faithful' "-
a line from the movie Ice Age.
Monson just soaking it all in and loving the snuggle time.

9 comments:

Becky A said...

cute slide show! I love yellowstone...what a fun family trip!

Amy said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time. So beautiful!!!

Erin said...

So did you camp or stay somewhere? We are heading up their next month and can't decide if we should stay in Matt's sister's cabin or get a hotel. If you stayed somewhere let me know where please! Glad you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

Ains loved the double rainbow. She said that is so beautiful. Great picture Kenna.

GINGER said...

Sounds like fun. we just got back from Island Park and Yellowstone too. I love nature it is so beautiful and breathtaking. Those are my favorite kinds of trips.

We also played the license plate game. We got 48 out of 50 (only missed Hawaii and Rhode Is.). Have you tried the ABC game in West Yellowstone? You can find the whole alphabet in the 3 minute drive through town

Ellie McFreaken said...

SUmmer is fyling by way to quick. We wanted to go to Island Park this year and haven't made it and probably won't.
Looks like so much fun! Great pics!

Anonymous said...

looks like a fun trip. You take great pictures. It made me want to go to yellowstone. I wonder if my teenage boys would like it as much as your kids seemed to. They had such big smiles. I miss you all.

Diana said...

Erin- we stayed in our Worldmark/trendwest condo.
Ginger- way to go 48/50:) I forgot about the ABC game - I will have to teach that to my kiddo's
Jenn-Yellowstone is for all ages:)

Kathy said...

It looks like you had a great time!! I can't wait to go again.