S
pent the weekend snuggling this cute boy - thanks to my parents taking the three oldest up to their cabin in the Uintah's. Kent and I enjoyed spending some fun one on one time with Monson, reminiscing what it was like just having one child. After pulling an all nighter at the Relay For Life (see previous post), it was sheer bliss being able to take a Saturday afternoon nap with Monson, something I never get to do. Sunday, was also a rare event, just the three of us attending Stake Conference. I'm not sure who enjoyed it more - Monson having both Mom and Dad to attend to his every need; Kent - being able to hold his boy during church or me actually being able to sit and listen. It's funny how your perspective changes - life with one child seems so easy and carefree but when you are that new mommy for the 1st time it can be overwhelming. Sunday afternoon I drove up to the cabin to join up with the kiddo's and hang out with my mom until Tuesday afternoon. I love the cabin - no distractions from what really matters...
I was hesitant sending McKay up to the cabin with how bad his allergies have been, but it ended up being the best thing for him to get away from all the cotton around here. He had no problems, Thank heavens and enjoyed being all boy!
Thank you Mom, for a wonderful weekend. We love you.




5 comments:
I love those kind of memories. My memories are of Grouse Creek on the tire swings and walking on the fence.
So there is a next year for the Relay? You're in charge right?
Aren't the Uintahs just gorgeous - puts in perspective all the beauty that really is in the world - mainly our kids! Awesome job on the relay too!
How wonderful! Love the pictures of the kids, especially the one walking away, so precious!
Jealous!!! I'm so sad Allie and Detmer missed out. Dave and I wished we had gone up on Saturday after his test.
That is so great. What a wonderful time for all parts of the family! One on one time is precious, good job momma! Congrats on the relay for life night too. What a wonderful impressive event.
P.S. when are we coming to your house this month? :)
Post a Comment