2 weeks ago
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Good bye for now...
I
attended my Aunt's funeral today and hadn't shed a tear until I picked up the program and saw this tender picture... I love the emotion! I love the wrinkles- years of friendship, love and companionship. I have always considered my Uncle Gene to be one of the strongest, hard working men I know - it broke my heart to see him buckle to his knees as he kissed his sweetheart goodbye for now! One speakers said something that really touched my heart: "Grief is the price we pay for Loving." The price will be terrible, but what a privilege to have earned the need for it. The Bishops closing remarks also touched me. He quoted DC 42:45 Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die. Heavenly Father knew that it would be hard. I am grateful He provided a way for us to all return to Him. I am thankful for the restored gospel and my strong believe and understanding that we will all one day be reunited. I am thankful for eternal marriage. This Saturday Kent and I will celebrate our 13th Anniversary. The way I feel about Kent and depend on him, I can only imagine the heart ache Uncle Gene is experiencing. One beautiful thing about funerals is it brings the family together. I enjoyed spending the day with my family. Today my sister from Panama and my sister from Virginia were reunited and Jenn and Joe were able to meet Cooper for the first time.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Sorry for your loss...I'm glad you all were there to support your Uncle Gene...I know Marlene will be dearly missed..but I am grateful for the knowledge that you all will be reunited with our Loving Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! We have an awesome God.
So glad to see pics of Tammy, Cooper, Jenn and Joe...every one looks fantastic. Love Jenn's hair style.
Hope yall's visit is grand and you all savor the time together making wonderful memories. lots of love Dawn
Happy Anniversary. We share the same day. But you are a year ahead of us. Isn't is crazy how fast time flies.
Also at a time of loss I am grateful for the knowledge of eternal life. There is light behind the dark curtain we call death.
Di,
The last time I read your blog was McKenna's birthday. I enjoyed the last few. I am going to try and e-mail Gene your blogging address and see if I can figure out how to do it and he can figure out to pull it up. This should be interesting.
I love you and Happy anniversary. The kids were wonderful today
Post a Comment