Do I fight like a lioness, guarding my home and children against the evils of the world? Do my cubs know what I believe in and what is important to me? Just a few questions I asked myself while attending BYU Womens Conference this past Thursday and Friday and again today.Julie B. Beck, General Relief Society President was the opening speaker and gave a remarkable talk. I took lots of notes, and was pleasantly pleased when I attended our Stake Conference Adult Session Saturday and the Stake Relief Society president made reference to the same concepts suggested by Sister Beck. Then this morning I attended our Multi-Regional Stake Conference and once again heard from Julie Beck. Guess what? It was the exact same talk she had just given to us at Womens Conference two days before. Which means to me... this is IMPORTANT STUFF!!! I better not be just a hearer but a DOER of the word. Sister Beck feels an Urgency for the Daughters of God to Strengthen and lift themselves and others. Encouraging each of us to ask "What is my mission?" Truly discovering that taking care of our posterity/kids should take top priority. She went on to say that There is a great POWER when priorities are in order! She suggested three ways to categorizes and organize our priorities: Essential, Necessary and Nice to Do. Essential are those things that are essential to my Eternal Salvation: seeking personal revelation through daily scriptures, personal and family prayer, attending the temple, partaking of the sacrament, repentance, sharing the gospel and service. Necessary: the daily things to keep my house and family in order and the Nice to Do: hobbies,recreation, social outings -all these things are nice but will not Save me. When I keep my priorities in order I gain POWER. I want that POWER to protect and guide my cubs and support my Lion.
As always Womens Conference was a wonderful experience and good time spent with remarkable women. Despite the rain and snow we carried around our own Sunshine.




5 comments:
I loved Sister Beck's talk. Pretty cool you got to hear it two times. Good luck with the wisdom teeth. That doesn't sound very fun!
just wanted to let you know...Leia jsut told me Chris Turner just passed away.
Amen!! What an excellent reminder on protecting our tribe. Thanks for sharing your experience, impressions and thoughts. I appreciate you! Sending you happy thoughts as you get your teeth time and quick recovery!! And congrats on your cute paint update in your room. Hugs!
I to am glad that we got to hear Sister Beck's talk over and over. I love your new paint in your bedroom. I'll have to come over and see the whole picture! What a sweet husband and cubs you have.
That was my favorite talk of both conferences! i tell myself that every day now...be a lioness! hope all went well with your visit to the dentist and you heal quickly before your trip.
Post a Comment